ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The Season Picks Are In

Looking at a few of those incoming coaches of the new cusa teams, I have a lot of respect for them, maybe more than I should, but honestly when I look what's prowling our sidelines, I almost always give the advantage to the opponent in coaching.

Hope I am wrong but I see the ceiling being lower.

7-5 (5-3) at best, 6-6 (4-4) most probable.

It is always concerning to me when I see optimism and lots of W's predicted before the season starts. This program and coaching staff is notorious for letting the fan base down. Notorious. The team only ever seems to be worth a shit when picked at the bottom of the league.

With that being said, we SHOULD be a good team and competing for a CUSA championship. Lots of newbies that we SHOULD beat up on. It sounds like Vattiato has had an amazing camp and ready to show out, our OL is massively improved, we found some stud WR's in the portal, and our defense might even be better than last year.

5-7

I can see us going 8-4. But I 1000% believe if we don't at least split WKU/Liberty, there will be no chance of a champ game spot.

I still wouldn't fuss at just 8-4 but we MUST win a bowl, champ or not.

One thing I know is we always start off very slow and look terrible early in the season. As the season goes on we get better. Usually just good enough to finish around 6-6/7-5. Just enough to squeeze into a bowl.

I always thought if I were in Vegas around the start of the season, I would bet against MT the first few games. They always disappoint early on.

Here's what I want: we either a) win the conference championship, or b) go 4-8 or worse. I want something definitive to show where we are as a program (and as a coaching staff).

What I think will happen: most likely 7-5 (6-2), only beating Murray OOC, and losing to WKU and Liberty. Getting into a crap bowl, and probably losing. The swing games IMO are Colorado St, La Tech, and UTEP.

Looking at a few of those incoming coaches of the new cusa teams, I have a lot of respect for them, maybe more than I should, but honestly when I look what's prowling our sidelines, I almost always give the advantage to the opponent in coaching.

Hope I am wrong but I see the ceiling being lower.

7-5 (5-3) at best, 6-6 (4-4) most probable.
Wide gap between ceiling and floor. Ceiling 9-3, floor 4-8

I can see it already. Injuries, mistakes, unfortunate circumstances, more injuries, and lots of losses. Team will probably be fighting for bowl eligibility going into it's last few games.

So 5-7 or 6-6, MAYBE 7-5 but doubt it. No real difference in any of those records though. You are not winning CUSA with any of them and that's all that should matter with a head coach that's been here two decades.

People taking the newcomers for granted and underestimating them are going to get a wake up call. Everyone is expecting Liberty to be solid but I'm telling you, SHSU, Jax St, and NMSU will be just as good as us. We'll be very fortunate to go 2-2 against the newcomers.

Reactions: AustinLewis
I can see it already. Injuries, mistakes, unfortunate circumstances, more injuries, and lots of losses. Team will probably be fighting for bowl eligibility going into it's last few games.

So 5-7 or 6-6, MAYBE 7-5 but doubt it. No real difference in any of those records though. You are not winning CUSA with any of them and that's all that should matter with a head coach that's been here two decades.

People taking the newcomers for granted and underestimating them are going to get a wake up call. Everyone is expecting Liberty to be solid but I'm telling you, SHSU, Jax St, and NMSU will be just as good as us. We'll be very fortunate to go 2-2 against the newcomers.
I've said this. I easily think we will split SHSU or JSU. I'm guessing SHSU as their schedule is front loaded. NMSU has momentum as well finishing 7-6 last year.

I've said this. I easily think we will split SHSU or JSU. I'm guessing SHSU as their schedule is front loaded. NMSU has momentum as well finishing 7-6 last year.

It's hard to travel to Las Cruces and win. Last time we went out there we got annihilated.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT