ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The Picks are in for MT/NT

Our two safeties still lead the team in tackles. (Solo/Assist)
Blankenship - 52 (37/15)
Moffatt - 49 (39/10)
Thomas - 37 (26-11)
Brooks - 32 (26-6)

Great for Blankenship and Moffatt individually but for the team and won/loss record it sucks. Our linebackers and d-linemen are practically non-existent. This stat alone will get your ass beat 90% of the time.

Last week statistically, it was our D's best game I believe. We held CUSA's best offense to 364 yards and held a very good QB to 161 yards. Last week was more about our offensive play calling and the 3 picks.

I feel like we will play better and we have a much better chance of winning. Their main RB is still hurt. Could go either way really.

When you give up over 200 yards rushing in a game and that’s still your best defensive performance you know you have problems.

We are really bad defensively. We are 119th in the nation in third down defense. On par with UTEP and Rice if that tells you anything.

I’m really baffled by the regression in Shafers defense. I thought this would be a decent one. Fine is going to have a field day.

127th in Total Defense.

I just hope JT hasn’t laid too much on us to cover. Especially with UNT having an injured QB and all. :eek:

We match up a lot better with UNT than we did with FAU. Stock has beaten Litrell before and it's all about the matchup. UNT has a ton of issues on D and on O quite frankly. Their RB is hurt and so is Fine. However, it's more about us. I think Ohara will play better.

We regressed on D this year because of injuries on the line and losing good DB's from last year.

I bet against us and did well. This week, I'm actually not touching this game. However, I think we can win. FAU was a no way we win type of game. Too many factors going on.

When you give up over 200 yards rushing in a game and that’s still your best defensive performance you know you have problems.

We are really bad defensively. We are 119th in the nation in third down defense. On par with UTEP and Rice if that tells you anything.

I’m really baffled by the regression in Shafers defense. I thought this would be a decent one. Fine is going to have a field day.

Those numbers are skewed though. 3 P5 teams and the 2 best teams in the east is a very front loaded schedule. but yes, we have issues. The D will play better and aslready is playing better.

Reactions: C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT