ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL The Big Homestand

dukewayne

All American
Jul 11, 2008
The final Big Homestand is now facing the Blue Raiders. This outstanding team has done an excellent job of getting to the big homestand with their own destiny in their own hands. The next two weeks will be time for alumni and M'boro to come out and support this incredible basketball team.

The Blue Raiders may still have a few kinks to work out, but it appears they have continued to improve in conference play. Over the conf season, the team has learned to move the ball a lot better. That was much needed. Credit the coaches for continuing to stay after all the little facets of play and the game to help the team continue to improve.

Antwain Johnson: Good on him and the coaches. Starting Johnson has been a key development. Johnson has finally started to play up to his capability and potential. He has been so close for a year and a half. Now it seems he is over the hump and is now executing with confidence and authority! The team really needed that boost of another guard on the perimeter threatening to score.

Giddy: So glad he got away from that spin and falling away shooting he was doing earlier this season. He got a haircut, and he started shooting from outside like he is capable. He's even rebounding again and getting to the rim for some scores.

King: What else can be said.

Walters: Wow! If he could sustain some of that focus and intensity from the 2nd half at LaTech, he would be an unstoppable machine. It would help make the Blue Raiders scary good.

I hope Dixon recovers quickly. Sims seems to really be coming along, but MT has demonstrated in past seasons that they need more than just one PG.

These are some huge games upcoming. Again, it's a good position for MT to in at home. I have no doubt MT can get it done. The three other top teams are all really good teams though. If MT doesn't finish strong with focus and intensity, WKU, UAB, and Marshall are capable of pulling an upset.

Reactions: cipjr and MTOleBlue
Honestly, if we play our game and to our potential, no one in CUSA can beat us. We still have a lot of room for improvement. Our post play can be better, yes Walters had his moments but the truth is he only played 17 mins. We need him to play 25-28 mins. We need both him and Gamble to not foul stupidly. With King, Johnson and Dixon playing at a high level; I really want to see Potts finish strong. Who can not love the minutes we get our of Hawthorne...he is the energizer bunny.

Reactions: cipjr
3 games left against 3 of the toughest teams in the league. You have Western Kentucky who beat Purdue and is 12-2 in conf. You have UAB a team that took Middle Tennessee to the brink at their place who many thought would be better this year but still showed they are capable and then you finish it off with the lone team to have beat Middle Tennessee this year in Marshall.

RPI is up to 23 at the end of today. Win these 3 games and make it to the conf finals then there is no way the committee could leave MT out. Just no way. Of course last year I thought you were a lock and they only gave you a 12 seed which meant you were not a lock.

I just hope none of my favorite teams draws your team in the tournament because that means 1 has to lose.

There's a week of opportunities for MT fans to promote the hell out of these games...

In person, on social media... MT fans should seize the opportunities, especially if the polls come out today and have MT ranked in the top 25. There is something to sell here, and it should not be left up only to the athletic department types to get the word out about the last three easy, inexpensive, chances to see this Blue Raider team.

Henry. I know your a big wildcat fan but plenty of room on the blue raider bandwagon!

I have following you guys for a few years now closely and I certainly am always rooting for you when you don't play 1 of my teams. I am a little worried right now though as Kentucky or Ohio State could easily land in a 5/12, 6/11, 7/10 game with MT which I don't want to see for multiple reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT