ADVERTISEMENT

Student paper doing 'journalism'

So she gets away with it her entire career at High Point (sounds like an appropriate name) and thinks they will turn the other cheek here. Hate to lose her but she had chances and blew it. I have more respect for our athletic department. Maybe WKU could take a lesson after their player who was not dismissed or suspended for passing counterfeit money, drugs, and various other things.

Proud of MT even if it means no tournament. This should be a wake-up call for players and recruits...although Parker failed to answer her wake-up call until it was too late.

I appreciate Sidelines sports editor Connor Grott covering the story.

It's sad that with the limited media coverage MT has we have to depend upon the campus newspaper to do investigative reporting. (there a few other story ideas I have for them but that's for another time) Kudos to The Sidelines and Grott for the story.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Why wasn't this problem identified and dealt with during her red-shirt year? A lot of grief would have been avoided.

While I don't condone smoking pot, if the girl was doing her school work and fulfilling her duties to the team, I really don't think this warrants getting kicked off the team.

Right now, in many states is not a crime and yet at the same time in these same states employers make you take drug tests. Its all confusing. I live in Portland, ME, its legal up to a certain amount. And yet other public institutions will drug test you and deny you employment, or in the case of a student - financial aid.

Again, she knew the rules. But....

Noticed today at the game that the game program had a brief write up on Cason and parker for Senior Day. I know it was printed before Parker was dismissed, but thought the title of the article was ironic: Said that those Cason and Parker wanted to finish the season on a "high note". Not poking fun, but I did get a little laugh out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT