ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Selection Sunday

USA Today said essentially the same. For Seattle 4:

BEST FIRST-ROUND GAME: No. 6 Colorado vs. No. 11 Middle Tennessee

Few teams are ready for how physical the Buffs play, but Middle Tennessee has been quietly dominant all season and won’t be intimidated by anyone. Don’t be surprised if there’s an upset here

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Just watched on YouTube an ESPN video titled, Women's Bracketology: "Top things you need to know before feeling out your bracket". Towards the end Charlie Creme ESPN bracketologist said "A mid seed team to watch for is Middle Tennessee". To paraphrase, "This is the kind of game to watch for possibly a shocking score. Because of the speed Middle Tennessee plays with & if they shoot well don't be surprised to see them winning by like 13 points."
The other panelists who were not aware of MT had a response of basically "wow".
54:38 mark of the video

I noticed that on the Buffs schedule that in the 4th game they lost at Texas Tech, in overtime by one point, FWIW.

The Lady Raiders lost to Tech on a neutral floor by 5 points nine days later.

If Colorado is the physically imposing strong team that's being reported the use of Boldyreva at the 5 position may need to be used at a minimum Saturday. I like her shot making skills, but she's still a finesse player. Don't trust her as a tough rebounder against physically strong opposition. We don't need "fumble fingers" rebounding this weekend like we saw in Frisco last week.

Alexa Philippou, Women's basketball reporter for ESPN completed her Bracketology to the Final 4. She selected Middle Tennessee to not only beat Colorado, but to knock off Duke at their place before bowing out to Iowa in the Elite 8.
That's flattering as an MT supporter, but with so many prognosticators liking MT in the tournament it's actually making me a little nervous going forward.

Alexa Philippou, Women's basketball reporter for ESPN completed her Bracketology to the Final 4. She selected Middle Tennessee to not only beat Colorado, but to knock off Duke at their place before bowing out to Iowa in the Elite 8.
That's flattering as an MT supporter, but with so many prognosticators liking MT in the tournament it's actually making me a little nervous going forward.
We would play Iowa in Sweet 16.

We beat Colorado we would play...
Round of 32 winner of Duke/Iona
Sweet 16 winner from Fla St/Georgia or Iowa/SE Louisiana
Elite 8 winner from Stanford/Gonzaga or Louisville/Texas

A year after Creighton pulled off an improbable run to the Elite Eight a year ago, we break down which teams could go on a run in this year's women's tournamen...

According to DraftKings odds:
#11 Middle Tennessee (-3) vs #6 Colorado

Makes me disrespect the NCAA even more. We're literally favored by every prognosticator & odds maker as the better team, except for "1", the NCAA selection committee. We may win, we may lose. Just hope the ladies take the NCAA's disrespect to heart & bring their "A game" Saturday & destroy the Buffs

Makes me disrespect the NCAA even more. We're literally favored by every prognosticator & odds maker as the better team, except for "1", the NCAA selection committee. We may win, we may lose. Just hope the ladies take the NCAA's disrespect to heart & bring their "A game" Saturday & destroy the Buffs
Yeah. Despite the fact that a lot of folks are picking us as a "hot upset," we've been disrespected at every turn. We are an #11 seed DESPITE having a NET of 28 and DESPITE winning the CUSA tournament in dominant fashion. If we didn't win that game against WKU, that makes me believe we may not have been in after all which is completely trash considering we blew out Louisville, who is a 5 seed, by 18 earlier in the year. Alexis gets no credit as a defender, we are constantly talked down upon for being in CUSA, and we are given no chance to go anywhere. But I know we can. And I know the ladies on this team know we can.

Last edited:

Reminds me on the men years ago as the 12 seed against 5 seed Minnesota. MT in that game as the 12 seed was favored.

Looks like lots are picking us. I've got us making it to the Sweet 16 and losing to Iowa. Hope I'm wrong and we keep going of course.

In all my brackets (Yahoo, ESPN, CBS) I've got South Carolina winning it all. I just don't think they can be stopped. If Iowa makes it to the Final 4 it'll be against then too.
I think Utah will go far too and I also picked WVU to beat Arizona but I think they lose to Maryland.

I'm just super stoked.

The men's and women's NCAA tournaments kick off later this week.

Looks like lots are picking us. I've got us making it to the Sweet 16 and losing to Iowa. Hope I'm wrong and we keep going of course.

In all my brackets (Yahoo, ESPN, CBS) I've got South Carolina winning it all. I just don't think they can be stopped. If Iowa makes it to the Final 4 it'll be against then too.
I think Utah will go far too and I also picked WVU to beat Arizona but I think they lose to Maryland.

I'm just super stoked.

watching the First Four #11 Miss State against #11 Illinois. Rooting for the Illini of course. Screw MS State.

I'm just super stoked.

You heading down for the game on Saturday?

Watched a little of UTEP vs Texas Tech in the WNIT. Those wide body girls from el paso lost to the Red Raiders. Also Belmont women lost their first round game to Ball State 101-86. Memphis wbb is beating up the Jackson State women late in the game.

The wku women uglies visit Kansas for their first round WNIT game on Friday

Last edited:
Watched a little of UTEP vs Texas Tech in the WNIT. Those wide body girls from el paso lost to the Red Raiders. Also Belmont women lost their first round game to Ball State 101-86. Memphis wbb is beating up the Jackson State women late in the game.

The wku women uglies vist Kansas for their first round WNIT game.
Ball State absolutely walloped Belmont... wow

Watching USC vs S. Dakota State, the jackrbbits have been absolutely assaulted by the refs on blocking calls that were in fact charges by the trojans. I hate wbb referees. These guys don't deserve allowed near a gym or playground basketball court, college, high school, or aau, ever again.

Watching USC vs S. Dakota State, the jackrbbits have been absolutely assaulted by the refs on blocking calls that were in fact charges by the trojans. I hate wbb referees. These guys don't deserve allowed near a gym or playground basketball court, college, high school, or aau, ever again.
Watched much of that as well. When asked to comment about a block that was undoubtedly a charge the analyst said "I'm glad I'm not a ref". Really?? That's all you got? Obvious P5 favoritism like that scares me for tomorrow.

Watched much of that as well. When asked to comment about a block that was undoubtedly a charge the analyst said "I'm glad I'm not a ref". Really?? That's all you got? Obvious P5 favoritism like that scares me for tomorrow.
By the way, felt like the last 30 seconds of overtime took at least 35-40 minutes. It felt like MT games where I thought we were being robbed. Can't hardly believe SDSU held on, good for them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT