ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL SBNation CUSA and out of conference opponents football team previews

Looks like Bowling Green will be very improved for 2017. We better be ready for that one.

Looks like Bowling Green will be very improved for 2017. We better be ready for that one.

yeah if MT has any success at all the first three weeks, I can see this being a game that has the potential to be that typical and traditional MT game that MT goes in favored and comes out embarassed.

Vandy will backslide this year. They have Kansas State, us and Western in their OOC and UGA, USC, Mizzou, Florida, Auburn, and UK will all be improved. They also have to faced a pissed off UT at Rocky Top. Oh yeah, add Bama to that schedule. Ouch! They lost 2 big time OL from last year and that will make it tough for their QB. They can flap all they want but they ain't replacing Cunningham or that one DL that was a beast for them. Not by the first game anyway.

Cuse has potential but they have a ton of issues. OL is a real concern there. Their D is not good and their O can be disrupted. With a weak OL and Shafer knowing some of those players, we could have a really nice chance of getting the W.

Fleck at Minny is interesting but Minny returns pretty much all of that 9 win squad from last year and Fleck loves what Minny does best. Running the ball. I think Minny is our toughest game. Richie had a good time with Fleck in 2015 but this Minny team has much more talent from the jump.

Bowling Green is still going to be weak on D and I think they will still have turnover over issues. It will be more of a shootout game but is still very winnable. If we are better on D, I see us having a big edge on them. This coach is not Dino Babers when he was at BG.

I'm calling 2-2 or even 3-1 from this gauntlet. I think all 4 of these teams are better than 70% of CUSA so 2-2 or a 3-1 sets up very nicely for us. We shall see.

Great artical above!!! This year will be the epic turnaround from good to great we have all been hoping for! Get your season tickets now, tell your friends, Johny Red Floyd is going to be Rocking! We will steam roll candy, cuse , and Wku! Can't wait to see us host a championship game at the skillet!

I love how they and everyone else is saying how our offense is set. It isn't. Until we play an absolutely clean game with no turnovers, complete drives and have all of our possessions last over 2:30, we aren't set. You can have all of the yards you want but if you can't protect the rock or score when it matters most, it's a futile effort.

We need Joc Bruce, Isiah Upton, Reggie Henderson and C.J. Windham to step up. The have the size and star rankings. Now they need the heart and iron will to help us. If they ignite, we will have a top 5 offense easily. If it's all on Richie and Lee, we will be predictable and the other problems we've been having will occur.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Wow. Just saw that. He's a Safety. He was a 3 star Miami commit who had over 1,000 receiving yards his senior season. If he's on D now, he must have hands like 2 bricks.

Hopefully others will step up and carry the load.

Wow. Just saw that. He's a Safety. He was a 3 star Miami commit who had over 1,000 receiving yards his senior season. If he's on D now, he must have hands like 2 bricks.

Hopefully others will step up and carry the load.

Maybe he's just needed more on D, after all, Phillip Tanner played on D his freshman year...

Yep o is so good we can afford to send some top players to D up. Good coaching move to make the entire team stronger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT