ADVERTISEMENT

Say a miracle happened and Stockstill did the right thing and quit

BRaiderDave

All American
Jul 26, 2005
Do any of you really have confidence in McPhee and Massaro not to f$%k up the replacement hire?

Do any of you really have confidence in McPhee and Massaro not to f$%k up the replacement hire?

Nope.

There's almost no point in Stockstill retiring because Massaro and McPhee are guaranteed to F it all up. They could actually make the situation even worse than it currently is.

The best solution is all 3 somehow disappear at the same time.

A man can dream....

I don’t care if they F it up. I just want them to try something new.

Hiring coaches is hard. All ADs everywhere hire duds more than they hit home runs.

I can forgive mistakes. Its the continual reinforcement of failure that I can’t get over.

I don't have full faith, no. But hell, at least try.

The similarities between our two biggest rivals and how far we are from them is unreal.

I've said before WKU and Troy both had coaches hired away and the replacements didn't work out. So they fired them. The next hires have worked out (Troy more so than WKU) but both have been in conference champ games with their current coaches. They try.

This attitude that everything is fine is what pisses me off. Show you freaking care. If it is a bad hire, ok. A first contract should have a low buyout anyway. Fire them and move on. I don't understand this "leave it alone just because it could be worse" mentality.

No confidence in M&M.
In a perfect world, if Stock retires, someone would tell McPhee to go play with his seven wood in his office and Massaro would let Lee lead the search committee.

It’s not a perfect world though and M&M will probably promote from within or hire a low level assistant coach in the Carolinas.

Maybe the interesting Thing is that Massaro is on a monthly contract (I assume that hasn’t changed) and while history doesn't support it, perhaps McFlea feels the need to move Massaro along. I know, it’s a wild dream, but having a monthly contract makes it a little more plausible.

Any new AD would see the mess athletics are in (not just football) and makes some significant changes. It all rests with getting Massaro out. That has to be priority #1

Reactions: RaiderDeez
As long as he keeps getting a milly per year, there is no reason to retire. Until the headache outweighs the paycheck, I see Stock going nowhere. I say we all add to the headache. We got to start showing up to the coach's show with "please retire" signs while wearing bags over our heads. Apply pressure. But everyone on here has made an even more excellent point about Massaro. I feel he needs to go first in order to hire a better coach because Massaro has shown no ability to do that.

As long as he keeps getting a milly per year, there is no reason to retire. Until the headache outweighs the paycheck, I see Stock going nowhere. I say we all add to the headache. We got to start showing up to the coach's show with "please retire" signs while wearing bags over our heads. Apply pressure. But everyone on here has made an even more excellent point about Massaro. I feel he needs to go first in order to hire a better coach because Massaro has shown no ability to do that.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-into-river-after-clinching-bowl-eligibility/ maybe Sucksstill will jump in a lake and take mcflea and messaro with him

That dipshit 7wood MacFee would drag someone like John L Smith out of retirement. But at least he would be good for some bizzare quotes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT