ADVERTISEMENT

Rush Limbaugh: At #GOPDebate Donald Trump sounded like Daily Kos, Democratic Underground, MSNBC Host

Flash, no doubt Trump has gone off the deep end. Let's pray America will see him for what he is before it's too late.

Lets pray America will see Ted Cruz for what he really is before its too late. And that is someone who uses and abuses his apparent close relationship with god for his own benefit and financial gain.

Lets pray America will see Ted Cruz for what he really is before its too late. And that is someone who uses and abuses his apparent close relationship with god for his own benefit and financial gain.

I always find this type of strawman argument interesting. On one hand we have the Clintons - who have become rich based on their political influence - enriching themselves and creating a foundation that gives back a pittance. This is a fact.

And now you make the above statement about Cruz - please explain how he is doing this. Please share with us the evidence?

I get it, you don't like him, but geez, how does one abuse their "apparent" relationship with God to enrich themselves?

I get it, you don't like him, but geez, how does one abuse their "apparent" relationship with God to enrich themselves?

I doubt the Clinton's were as wealthy as they are now before Bill became president. Cruz is using his apparent relationship with God to get votes from that demographic. I haven't actually heard or seen of him doing the actual works of a God worshiping man. The God I worship is about loving one another. Loving thine enemy.

Galations 5:6 - The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

I see no love in this man. I see only hate a vitriol.

James 2:17 - So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

This is why I, as a Christian, could never vote for this man.

Reactions: TeKEraider
I doubt the Clinton's were as wealthy as they are now before Bill became president. Cruz is using his apparent relationship with God to get votes from that demographic. I haven't actually heard or seen of him doing the actual works of a God worshiping man. The God I worship is about loving one another. Loving thine enemy.

Galations 5:6 - The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

I see no love in this man. I see only hate a vitriol.

James 2:17 - So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

This is why I, as a Christian, could never vote for this man.

Careful, you are going down a slippery slope here...your also taking scripture out of context. Do you want me to do the same to you or apply scripture to what the other candidates are saying, specifically on the Democratic side.

Ultimately, I am sure God shakes his head at what we say about the different politicians. I wish we would all value the Gospel more so than our own political leanings.

Seriously...you want me to do this...

You cannot pull out one verse and use it for your purpose. You have to know the entire context, who was James writing to and why. What is said throughout the entire chapter, before and after.

Actually, Faith is enough - all of your works and mine are nothing, filthy rags, in fact we can't even do good (read what Paul says about himself) without sin (we want credit, we want praise, we want to be noticed when we help). The Gospel clearly states that your are dead in your sin, you cannot "earn" (do works) your way to heaven.

You are taking a verse and somehow saying that Cruz is not a Christian because "YOU" have judged his works and therefore they don't match up to your definition of what Faith in Christ looks like. Who made you God? How do you know who Cruz is in his private life? I have "heard" him clearly state what it means to be a Christian. He has been consistent his entire public life when asked about Christian faith.

Back to your use of James 2:17, the primary, earnest and repeated point James makes is "not that works must be added to faith but that genuine faith includes works", I would bet that many evangelicals would describe Cruz faith as genuine.

Using your logic, since your a liberal (or at least I think you are), I could use Scripture by yanking a verse out to say your not a believer because of your support of candidates for Abortion which is murder. Note, I am not personally making that judgement, I am just using the same standard you are using against Cruz.

I was just making sure that you could think for yourself. You have passed the test. Thanks for not posting a Rush Limbaugh article as proof that Ted Cruz is good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT