ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Robert Jones signs with Miami Dolphins

Glad to see him getting signed. I really thought he had a shot of getting drafted the late rounds, though. I was actually hoping the Titans might take a flyer on him.

Also, glad to read that he is leaving MTSU with a degree. Always like to see student athletes actually graduate.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Boots - ‘79 - ‘98 (10)
Andy Mac - ‘99 - ‘05 (2)
Stock - ‘06 - Forever (6)

Here’s a real shocker......I had no idea that Dwight Stone was an undrafted free agent.
Thanks for the information

I had thought that not only was he ahead in Conference Championships, Boots had more players in the draft than either of our '1A/FBS' coaches.

Reactions: Predarat and sWiley
Boots signed a lot of props (I think Stone was a JUCO transfer) and was a solid evaluator of talent.

Andy signed a lot of props too but many never saw the field - and I don't think he was great at evaluating talent.

I don't think Rick signs props (maybe he does) and doesn't have the best eye for talent. That said, he has had good success with transfers other than JUCO.

I think we may see a better team with the new transfer rules in place.

Thanks for the information

I had thought that not only was he ahead in Conference Championships, Boots had more players in the draft than either of our '1A/FBS' coaches.

That would be both of our 1A coaches, and over a similar period of time. Just another indication that the move up to D-1 in FB has been an abject failure.

Boots signed a lot of props (I think Stone was a JUCO transfer) and was a solid evaluator of talent.

Andy signed a lot of props too but many never saw the field - and I don't think he was great at evaluating talent.

I don't think Rick signs props (maybe he does) and doesn't have the best eye for talent. That said, he has had good success with transfers other than JUCO.

I think we may see a better team with the new transfer rules in place.
Dwight Stone was a JC guy from Marion Military Institute in Alabama. They don’t play football anymore. He played HS ball at Florala HS. I drive right by the school on my way to 30A. How Auburn and Bammer missed on him is beyond me unless they just couldn’t get him admitted. Boots pulled off a big one with him.

Reactions: Predarat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT