ADVERTISEMENT

Ramsay Resigns as Women's Tennis Coach

MTLynn

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
GoBlueRaiders:

Ramsay Resigns as Women's Tennis Coach

Charlie Ramsay, who has led the Middle Tennessee women's tennis team as head coach for the past three seasons, is resigning from his post to pursue a different career opportunity in the Murfreesboro community.

"I want to thank (Director of Athletics) Chris Massaro and (President Sidney) McPhee for giving me the opportunity to lead this program" said Ramsay. "I am extremely proud of all that this team accomplished over the last three years. I know that this group of young ladies will continue to build on the success they had this past year and will carry this program to even greater heights."

Massaro said he was pleased with the direction of Middle Tennessee women's tennis under Ramsay's direction. A national search to fill the void will begin immediately, Massaro said.

"We appreciate Coach Ramsay's contributions to Middle Tennessee women's tennis during his tenure with us," Massaro said. "We certainly do wish him and his family the best in their future endeavors."

Ramsay notched a 43-31-1 record in his three seasons at the helm of the Blue Raider program. The Blue Raider women's tennis program saw new levels of success in Ramsay's third year. Middle Tennessee finished at 19-8, which is tied with the 2015 season for the most wins in a single season since 2000.

The Blue Raiders also reached the semifinals of the C-USA Championship for the first time in program history after blanking UTSA and upsetting No. 4 seed Florida Atlantic.

"I will miss coaching a great deal but am excited to start a new chapter with my family" added Ramsay. "I will always be a Blue Raider and look forward to supporting MTSU athletics for years to come."

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT