ADVERTISEMENT

Program Has Become an Embarrassment

At least we are getter some publicity on the bottom ten rankings. Dropped to 7 last week should move up a few spots after today.

These types of results are our only hope. We have to take a step back for any hope that Massaro‘s realizes he’s has to do something.

#disasterisgood

I understand that but the reality they won’t do a damn thing. And this is eventually going to get so bad it becomes something that is unrecoverable when change finally does come.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
Losing to a Rice team on the road will secure the losing season, not that there has been any doubt this would be a losing season. That would be a good time to make some announcements. Massaro did announce that andy mccollum would not be returning in 2005 after securing a 4th straight losing season.

If there is nothing forthcoming we should know it in a week, if MT loses to Rice.

I understand that but the reality they won’t do a damn thing. And this is eventually going to get so bad it becomes something that is unrecoverable when change finally does come.

And I completely understand that as well. However this will be the nail in the coffin for me as a fan if it is a total disaster and nothing changes. I need some resolution with this program. Either it bombs out and changes are made, or if it bombs out and nothing changes then it’s crystal clear the administration is out of touch. And then I’m out and done. No more. A total disaster will clear it up for me as a fan. Stay on the bandwagon, or step aside and wave goodbye.

I don’t mean to be rude, but it’s not crystal clear for you yet ????????

I don’t understand what else you need to see. This administration does not take winning seriously and has not done so for the last decade.

if you’re still buying tickets or supporting the athletics of this university, cease immediately. As fans we cannot enforce and support such apathy and the pathetic results.

if you are still giving and going to the games, you are officially a part of the problem.

Oh it’s clear but this is the final straw. Pretty simple.

That’s the sad thing about this.

Some fans started rumbling 6-8 years ago about the need to make a change. Our administration allowed it to grow from that rumbling to most fans, if not for wanting a change at least understanding it. Then it continued to most wanting a change, then progressed to a significant number of fans pulling financial support out of disgust and frustration.

M&M allowed this to go on so far that it’s causing real damage to our fan base.

My final straw was crossed about 4 or so years ago. It’s sad to me they are allowing the most ardent supporters to say no more. True mismanagement by Massaro and McPhee.

The body of my email to Massaro this morning:

Chris:

It’s been almost a year since you and I met when you assured me that, “changes would be forthcoming after the 2019 Football season. However, as long as there was still a chance to become bowl eligible, you were focused on supporting the players and coaches towards that goal.”

Yesterday’s 2nd half total collapse at home to UNT was a new low for this Football staff.

By contrast, I watched my other alma mater, Memphis, come from behind to beat UCF on ABC national TV. The Tigers have a totally new staff and were without four returning starters from last season who have opted out or were injured.

After 15 years of Rick Stockstill and not one outright conference title won on the field, Middle Tennessee alumni and fans deserve better. Better coaches, better goals, better results.”

Sincerely,

I think the lack of "better goals" is what led to our current situation. There's always the chance you will come up short of your goal, but when that goal is mediocrity, you get what we've been seeing the last two seasons.
I watched the entire post game presser on Facebook and it was the equivalent of watching Wayne and Garth in their basement. The media, (all two of them) looked like a couple of kids asking Stock questions for their high school newspaper. The players didn’t want to be there nor did Stock and it showed with the way his segment ended.
This is not the way a Div. 1 FBS Football program should operate. Everything they do is bush league or mediocre at best.

I just don’t get it.

What’s the incentive for the media to show up? The product on the field couldn’t beat 70% of I-AA teams. And whether it’s pre game or post game Stock says the same thing every single week. There’s no media who cares enough to hold this debacle accountable. Only the alumni can do that and the university has shown time and again they don’t care what we think - except to offer lip service and appeasement which trickles down straight from Cope.

The outcomes of that are before all of us to see.

What’s the incentive for the media to show up? The product on the field couldn’t beat 70% of I-AA teams. And whether it’s pre game or post game Stock says the same thing every single week. There’s no media who cares enough to hold this debacle accountable. Only the alumni can do that and the university has shown time and again they don’t care what we think - except to offer lip service and appeasement which trickles down straight from Cope.

The outcomes of that are before all of us to see.
Stock was visibly pissed and it showed in his answers when discussing the 2nd half meltdown. Instead of questioning him and drilling down on the glaringly apparent lack of adjustments compared to UNT, the two youngsters just let him rant about poor tackling for a minute and then he walked off. I guess West and Shafer got a pass.

Wow. Must be nice to be at a place where there are expectations and accountability. There was a time when MT won eight out of 10 against that program. Now, they have surpassed us while remaining in the Belt. About as bad as watching a Charlotte program that’s still an infant we once dominated now make us look like a high school team. Sigh.

No pressure. Another nice road trip to Houston. E.A.T.T. some seafood, crawfish enchiladas and watch the shrimp boats come in at Kemah on Friday night.

Then “compete” with Rice on Saturday afternoon. Life is good.
Go Blue!!!!

Out of curiosity, does the board have to approve a new coach? A new AD? Or are they both the final say of the President? Does the President preside over the search for a new AD?

I don't remember how it went down when CNM was hired.

I watched the entire post game presser on Facebook and it was the equivalent of watching Wayne and Garth in their basement. The media, (all two of them) looked like a couple of kids asking Stock questions for their high school newspaper. The players didn’t want to be there nor did Stock and it showed with the way his segment ended.
This is not the way a Div. 1 FBS Football program should operate. Everything they do is bush league or mediocre at best.

I just don’t get it.

😂 At least Wayne and Garth were actually entertaining!

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Out of curiosity, does the board have to approve a new coach? A new AD? Or are they both the final say of the President? Does the President preside over the search for a new AD?

I don't remember how it went down when CNM was hired.
AD makes recommendation to President. President makes decision. Board then decides whether or not to approve.

That last part is usually a formality - the Board rarely cares about the quality of the coach - they just have to make sure the salary makes sense and there are no off field issues to deal with.

Why would we do that? We can’t get pressure on the QB without blitzing and even then and we’ve only given up like 4000 yards rushing. You know those safeties have to tackle better 10 yards down the field.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Why would we do that? We can’t get pressure on the QB without blitzing and even then and we’ve only given up like 4000 yards rushing. You know those safeties have to tackle better 10 yards down the field.

This has been our issue for years. We can't recruit guys for the trenches. We always get or convert undersized guys.

My daily check-in to the site to see if Stock has been fired yet. See yall tomorrow.

Funny. That's what I've been doing lately. Well - not so much thinking Stock will be fired, but could he fire a position coach or something? ANYTHING to show the status quo is not acceptable? Trainer? Waterboy?At least make us think there is a fall guy.

We're talking about the football program like it has only now become an embarrassment. It wasn't before?? It's sad - really wish they would do what needs to be done and get the program on the right track by getting a new HC, but...

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT