ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Preview

I liked Chip & Courtney's post season expectation of make it to NCAA & keep the goal of let's go 1 - 0 each game. I know typically Rick says "final 4!" which honestly makes me cringe a little, but you also have to respect the coach who isn't afraid to say it. This year I noticed he pulled back a little with "sweet 16 or elite 8" goal, but was still able to sneak in "final 4" at the very end. You go coach!

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Has anyone heard if tonight's 1st preseason game will be aired on the home network radio station?

Today's the day we've been waiting for! Wish they were streaming the game on video, but I'll take an audio stream. Things are looking promising.

61-20 midway through the 3rd quarter. Savannah Wheeler sounds to be as good as advertised! Happy to have her on the team and part of the family!!

Reactions: tyler90wm
Total domination 95-38 as expected. Best surprise was quality of play from freshmen Riley & Scott. No nerves at all & good quality play time. Gregory was deadly from way deep. All that with Boldyreva having one of her poorer games, & Blakely not even playing with what's hoped to be a mild injury. Coach seemed quite pleased with team progress.

It certainly seems like we have a deeper bench of players who are immediately ready for play. That's great! Even with injuries, we are still deep it appears.

Maybe I am the only one, but I still think Boldyreva has a long ways to go. She seems to have trouble holding on to the ball in the lane and can throw up shots that have little chance of landing. At times she also seems timid in there. With that said, she can definitely be a game changer for us but I feel she still has a ways to go to be consistent. But I love her upside.

And, WOW...Savannah will definitely help this team!

Maybe I am the only one, but I still think Boldyreva has a long ways to go. She seems to have trouble holding on to the ball in the lane and can throw up shots that have little chance of landing. At times she also seems timid in there. With that said, she can definitely be a game changer for us but I feel she still has a ways to go to be consistent. But I love her upside.

And, WOW...Savannah will definitely help this team!
I think part of that goes back to what Coach Insell was talking about with getting her the ball at the right time and not throwing it to her when she's doubled or in a bad spot to be able to do anything. She definitely has room to improve but it's all about getting the right flow and letting it all come together

Reactions: MTFAN61
I think we took almost 40 3 pointers & lost track of interior passing to Boldyreva. We need to shore that up prior to Mercer game. According to broadcast there was some rough play where players may have been angered by rakes across face & head by CBU without being called. We may have started bombing from deep in retribution, that's speculation though. I'm sure the staff will address the interior presence, & look for better play Tuesday night

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I think we took almost 40 3 pointers & lost track of interior passing to Boldyreva. We need to shore that up prior to Mercer game. According to broadcast there was some rough play where players may have been angered by rakes across face & head by CBU without being called. We may have started bombing from deep in retribution, that's speculation though. I'm sure the staff will address the interior presence, & look for better play Tuesday night
Totally agree on that. It was Whittington getting hit in the face a lot btw.

OMG:

Whitson adds that an accidental brush with Wheeler two seasons ago during an MTSU-Marshall matchup has not impeded her and Wheeler’s burgeoning friendship.

“I actually broke her nose my sophomore year,” said Whitson. “We can just go break noses together now, and not each other’s.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT