ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL preseason magazines are starting to show up at stores

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Saw an athlon and a lindy's this morning when I stopped in a store. The athlon cusa coverage was pretty pathetic and I put it back pretty quickly. Lindy's was better with two pages devoted to the conference as a whole then a half page each for each team.

Got to say I am very excited for basketball season. I've know a few people that have gone to practices and they have said we have the chance to be scary good.

Got to say I am very excited for basketball season. I've know a few people that have gone to practices and they have said we have the chance to be scary good.

Finally we have turned the table on mediocrity, at least for one year with that NCAA run. I hope we have a great year. And I think we have the pieces in place for it.

I see the upcoming season as one with a lot of promise but also some potential stumbling blocks. I can't think of any previous MT team I have followed that has returned a duo as strong as Potts and Upshaw. That said, replacing the production and versatility of Darnell Harris and Perrin Buford will be no easy task. I think those two guys in particular helped open up the opportunities for Potts and Upshaw. Obviously, we need Jacorey Williams to make a significant impact and a consistent point guard has to emerge. If those two things happen, we will contend for the conference title IMO.

After this season's start in football I am very hesitant to have any high expectations. That said, I can easily see us having the pieces in place to win every game in our schedule. But if we are disconnected and uneven then we could be mediocre.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT