ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Pre - NCAA Selection

Middle Tennessee vs Tennessee! That’s a good matchup for us and very winnable. Lots of motivation for Annie to have a career game against her old school. I’m positive that “it factor” played into seeding this game.

And it’s on ABC?!? Wow! Great exposure. Hope we put on a show on the other team for once!

Would be a sweet way to retire if we beat them and have a tourney run...

That’s the way to go out. Rick needs to treat Kellie like her freshman year in HS - Shelbyville beat White County to win the state championship.

They may be the more talented overall team, but the great thing is it’s one game in March and San Antonio is not Thompson Bowling Arena.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I had almost forgotten how ignorant and blind Lary Vols fans are. They think they’re UConn caliber and we stand no chance. Examples: our height difference means we suck; just don’t foul and they win by 30; Boothe is a non factor. I think it’s obvious how wrong all of those statements are - even from one person claiming to have gone to MT (how many years ago?)! Boothe’s defense on a 6’9” center won us the championship yet they say she doesn’t contribute. Laughable. Well, not like the ladies need any more motivation to take them to the woodshed on Sunday.

The excitement for the upcoming NCAA tournament game on this board is most gratifying. (sarcasm intended)

I've been terribly busy, and I would give almost anything to see utk fall, but I am anxious, knowing the one and done history of ncaa tournaments with this mostly successful program. The 2010s passed by without a tournament win. So, my heart is guarded and superstitiously I am going to refrain from overloading my mouth with boasts, when tournament wise, there is not much to boast about.

Last edited:
I think this game could get out of hand...especially with our NCAA tournament success (or lack thereof) the last 15 years.

I’m not expecting we will dominate them but I think it’ll be a competitive game unlike recent NCAA Tournament ones we’ve seen. The dismissiveness from UT fans is obnoxious though.

The more I think about playing the team up east I wish we had drawn anyone else. I realize we have a lot to gain but if we lose that is just another event in a long sequence for MT to be seen as "Little Middle" when compared to UT-K.

I'll have more in another thread on the main board later, probably after this game has been played.

The more I think about playing the team up east I wish we had drawn anyone else. I realize we have a lot to gain but if we lose that is just another event in a long sequence for MT to be seen as "Little Middle" when compared to UT-K.

I'll have more in another thread on the main board later, probably after this game has been played.
So if we lose it'll be status quo continuing, which would happen if we lost OR if we didn't play them at all. The only way to go up is to beat them!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT