ADVERTISEMENT

Potential Candidates

I would be fine with any of these outside candidates. Brannen, McDevitt, and Odom are young coaches that have turned around smaller programs. Steele is considered one of the top assistant to head coach candidates in the country.

I like the direction this is going, so I am now afraid of how our administration will screw this up.
Well we are getting McDevitt!

Gotta think our 3 signees are going to ask for their release and head for the hills once they hear about this splash hire we have made.

Gotta think our 3 signees are going to ask for their release and head for the hills once they hear about this splash hire we have made.
Why?
I did my homework last night on McDevitt. He’s good and more proven than many of our other candidates. Only 38 and has stayed in one place for a LONG time (which tells me he is committed). He has also brought in guys that power 5 teams wanted (which tells me he can evaluate talent). Has won 20+ games the past 3 seasons (which tells me he is a winner). It may be a similar situation as to what Davis was getting while here (messed over by the NCAA), but McDevitt’s plight was likely more (my guys keep getting raided by other schools then I’m going somewhere with name recogintion and success).

I watched the entire USC game and saw there are differences and similarities with Davis. He does not prefer to stand the whole game and bark at players. Defensively he runs a pretty physical man D and sprinkles in some 1-3-1 and 2-3 zone. His offensive sets move with great quickness and sceening. At least 1 set is the exact same as to what Davis ran.

He is a good young dynamic coach. I think he can hold on to our recruits and they will like playing for him. Don’t know why you seem disheartened.

And remember... this is coming from a coach. I’m not just a bandwagon basketball fan. I think McDevitt would be the best fit out of our potential finalists. There were big “names” that have underperformed out there recently that I wouldn’t trust. McDevitt would be an excellent hire for us.

Don't get me wrong, I hope McDevitt is on the phone right now with these guys convincing them to stay.

My gut just tells me these guys were wanting us to make a splash hire and this isn't it. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong.

Only 38 and has stayed in one place for a LONG time (which tells me he is committed). He has also brought in guys that power 5 teams wanted (which tells me he can evaluate talent). Has won 20+ games the past 3 seasons (which tells me he is a winner).

Defensively he runs a pretty physical man D and sprinkles in some 1-3-1 and 2-3 zone. His offensive sets move with great quickness and screening. At least 1 set is the exact same as to what Davis ran.
Just want to quote this for emphasis

Reactions: MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT