ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season Tournament Discussion Thread

was watching, had money on WKU, absolutely JOBBED by the officials on the last 30 seconds.

Marshall's 3 best players are going to test the NBA waters.........

I like the fact that Chris Massaro is siding with the argument that there is something wrong with the selection committee. I heard a interview with Belmont’s Rick Byrd and he sees nothing wrong with the current setup.

Figures, Byrd is in a league that generally should be a 1 bid league. Maybe once every blue moon they might deserve an at-large as with the Murray St team from a few years back that Clyde frequently references regarding the rigged NCAA tournament. Also, the OVC has a conference tournament that seems a little more suited to giving the top teams in the conference the best shot at the conference tourney championship.

Speaking of which, I read recently that the conference of Gonzaga and St Marys is looking at going to a conf tourney structure the same as the ovc. This while the zags have been talking to the MWC and right after St Marys got jobbed by the committee. While their tourney may not be perfect or ideal, it does seem to make better sense than the C-USA broken tourney system.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
Figures, Byrd is in a league that generally should be a 1 bid league. Maybe once every blue moon they might deserve an at-large as with the Murray St team from a few years back that Clyde frequently references regarding the rigged NCAA tournament. Also, the OVC has a conference tournament that seems a little more suited to giving the top teams in the conference the best shot at the conference tourney championship.

Speaking of which, I read recently that the conference of Gonzaga and St Marys is looking at going to a conf tourney structure the same as the ovc. This while the zags have been talking to the MWC and right after St Marys got jobbed by the committee. While their tourney may not be perfect or ideal, it does seem to make better sense than the C-USA broken tourney system.

The CUSA system isn't broken - the NCAA selection committee is broken.

Reactions: MT Glenn
ADVERTISEMENT