ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season Tournament Discussion Thread

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Figured we needed a place to talk about the tournaments going on in general.

St. Mary's won huge tonight as well, stomping a hole in SE Louisana 89-45

Looks like both MT and St. Mary's are showing they belonged....

Meanwhile, at-large Power 5 UCLA got waxed by St. Bonaventure and is already out of the tournament......

It's too bad Arizona State or Syracuse is guaranteed to win a game......Only because they play each other. I suppose we could always root for the sink hole.

Such a shame these middle of the pack Power 5 teams got in over teams like St. Mary's and MT.

Watching Syracuse against Arizona State.

Was an absolute joke syracuse got in. These clowns are on the bubble every year and seem to get in. They won't even make it beyond the play-in game. Scrubs.

I knew that would happen to Oklahoma. In the bracket pool with my buddies, I even named my bracket "Oklahoma?!?! Really?!?!"

Glad I was proven right and the stupid money grabbing committee was proved wrong. Let's hope more wrongs keep coming.

I'm not sure a single Power 5 bubble team will win beyond the Syracuse win, which had to happen because it was two P5 Bubble teams facing each other.........

Pathetic.

It's going to happen. Virginia has no answer for this Lyles kid. UMBC by double digits

Our demolishing of Vermont looks like that much. UMBC barely beat them on a buzzer beater

So many games played in this tournament have had some indirect implications on our team....and nearly every single one of them is screaming MT got hosed and crap Power 5 bubble teams got in instead.

Loyola choking hard.

Please dont do this to me........I need Loyola to win here bad

I will never understand why a team that's ahead starts playing differently as the game draws to an end. They do it in every sport. The most idiotic phenomenon in existence I reckon.

Loyola no FG's for 4 minutes.....because all they wanna do is drain the clock.

Now I hope they lose for being idiots.

Missed opportunity for us, but oh well. We had a chance to come back home, play Kermit's alma mater, and have a chance to go to NY. Would have been sweet.
BUT, we should have been the #2 seed, and Louisville should have came here. Now maybe they still shoot the lights out, or maybe they don't. We will never know...

Reactions: SpaceRaider
WKU goes to the NIT final four with a win over Oklahoma State. Goof for them and stansbury.

Man did we underperform or what over the last four games.

WKU goes to the NIT final four with a win over Oklahoma State. Goof for them and stansbury.

Man did we underperform or what over the last four games.

I think they had better match ups in the NIT...They would not have beaten UL on Sunday. But your point is taken.

Watching the Toppers last night I felt as if I had been transported back 50 years when WKU was the Top 10 bell cow in the OVC. Wanted the conference to do well so I pulled for WKU but with a mixture of envy, respect, and hate for everything connected to the Toppers.

"Man did we underperform or what . . ." Realizing that we didn't match up well with The Herd and that both So. Miss and Louisville "shot the lights out" from three the way we finished is really a downer. We were nationally ranked at defending the three and had that be our downfall. Gotta think the coaching situation, even for the Seniors, was a huge distraction. Other than Kermit's situation, Walters late to a meeting, and Simmons missing class I wonder what other issues were in the locker room?

Back to Western, I guess Darius and Lonnie will get the last laugh from The Garden win or lose. I hate that, I really hate that.

Remember when it was suggested, that the FBI probe could impact the tournament? Only 4 teams from the list didn't make ether the NCAA or NIT tournament. All four #1 seeds are dirty. Gotta love Cinderella though, because she did what the NCAA wouldn't. Only 4 of the (exposed) cheaters remain in the Sweet 16.

Watching the Toppers last night I felt as if I had been transported back 50 years when WKU was the Top 10 bell cow in the OVC. Wanted the conference to do well so I pulled for WKU but with a mixture of envy, respect, and hate for everything connected to the Toppers.

"Man did we underperform or what . . ." Realizing that we didn't match up well with The Herd and that both So. Miss and Louisville "shot the lights out" from three the way we finished is really a downer. We were nationally ranked at defending the three and had that be our downfall. Gotta think the coaching situation, even for the Seniors, was a huge distraction. Other than Kermit's situation, Walters late to a meeting, and Simmons missing class I wonder what other issues were in the locker room?

Back to Western, I guess Darius and Lonnie will get the last laugh from The Garden win or lose. I hate that, I really hate that.
I could give a rat's a$$ what darius and Lonnie think. They've played well, but Western easily loses to the Louisville team that played us that night. We just ran into a buzz saw on their home court. Nothing to be ashamed of. Doesn't take away from the season we had.

Plus they are probably still recovering from that butt-whippin in the Murph earlier this month.

Why does everyone talk like Southern Miss couldn't miss a shot? Everybody does realize we had better shooting %'s across the board against Southern Miss, right? We lost the Southern Miss game because we turned it over 17 times and they had nearly triple the FT attempts......

Looks like someone else in this thread broached the idea that I know I asked myself a bunch the last week or two. Did the Ole Miss job become a factor in the uncharacteristic late season meltdown? Even if the players did or did not know, how distracted was the HC in those last few games? In cohesive groups, feelings and attitudes can spread with little or nothing being said. It's all academic at this point as the it's history now. It would explain a lot though.

From what I hear, the KD deal was verbally agreed upon prior to the WKU home game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT