ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL POLL: Right Decision/Hire?

Is Mason the right hire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A few things :

1) The best I can tell, West, Shafer, Suber, and Mallory will be gone. Still not sure what will happen for Polly, Tucker, Stockstill, Stewart, and Royston. My guess is you’ll see 1-2 carryovers (Polly, Tucker, Stockstill being the MOST likely). Stewart’s offense doesn’t seem to fit what Mason wants.

2) Any hire - including the hire of Nick Saban - would have been a McPhee hire. And while I believe McPhee is probably “too hands” on when it comes to hiring coaches, any coach would a “McPhee” hire (including Banks, Mack, etc).
I am specifically talking about Polly. Also, I thinks it’s a mistake to keep the son of the fired coach on staff too. I mentioned before I hope the holdover is Tucker. Rotation seems ok too.

Many university presidents let the AD hire/fire and then judge the AD on those recommendations. They sign off, but keep themselves out of the process for the most part. See CNM versus Odom. We don’t need a hands on incompetent president pushing the hire of our coaches. Good MT policy would be for people to ask Sydney who he likes best and then mark that person from consideration. George Costanza opposite. Tell him to just smile for the cameras and if he doesn’t like the results, fire the AD.

I intentionally did not participate in this poll because until I choose to spend / donate at MT again (if ever) I feel that I don’t have the right to vote. I’m now just an alum watching from the sidelines.

Go Blue!

Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT