ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Point Guard depth an issue again...

In the podcast (about the 8:15 mark) I linked to this week, Kermit had said that the senior Copeland had a great off season was very likely the starter if the season started today, with "a talented" freshman Dixon a close second...

Personally I think Dixon has the tools to be a stud. Time will tell but call me crazy - I think he starts sooner rather than later.

I'm not a Basket Ball guy and this will be the first year to do season tickets, but what are the positives about Dixon? He didn't seem to be heavily recruited. I'm shocked that he would see the court this soon.

good ball handler, good shooter, not a skinny kid, solid and looks like he can handle the physical nature of D1 ball. Offered by tulsa and ul-monroe, and had received interest from Wichita State. Played an on AAU squad that featured some D1 power five commits so I think he may not have gotten a lot of attention when it was being soaked up by higher profile players.

good ball handler, good shooter, not a skinny kid, solid and looks like he can handle the physical nature of D1 ball. Offered by tulsa and ul-monroe, and had received interest from Wichita State. Played an on AAU squad that featured some D1 power five commits so I think he may not have gotten a lot of attention when it was being soaked up by higher profile players.
Thanks

To me, this is the tense time of the basketball season. The time of year when the new recruits are getting their first real taste of life in the high intensity, dedicated, disciplined, and fierce periods of work in the Coach Kermit Davis system. Not all players are cut out for this demanding life in the Kermit system. Seems almost routine to see a new player or two to leave before they really even get started.

All of the success the last 5 years makes a ton of difference regarding this matter. During the years of mediocre performance, Kermit's system could be questioned about running off players. Now that Kermit's system is becoming proven, it's do the new players have what it takes, the toughness and tenacity, to hack it in order to be champions?

To me, this is the tense time of the basketball season. The time of year when the new recruits are getting their first real taste of life in the high intensity, dedicated, disciplined, and fierce periods of work in the Coach Kermit Davis system. Not all players are cut out for this demanding life in the Kermit system. Seems almost routine to see a new player or two to leave before they really even get started.

All of the success the last 5 years makes a ton of difference regarding this matter. During the years of mediocre performance, Kermit's system could be questioned about running off players. Now that Kermit's system is becoming proven, it's do the new players have what it takes, the toughness and tenacity, to hack it in order to be champions?
I use to question KD a lot, but now it's about the process. It works...it may have taken 40!years but I can see the results.

Reactions: MT Glenn
I think part of it is even though he is still tough and demands near perfection from his players he seems to have become more patient with them as well and allows them to correct their mistakes on the court before pulling them

Our team always has a few players playing out of position due to weakness, or a player leaving - life of a mid-major.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT