ADVERTISEMENT

Peck Fired.

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
Just came across this department announcement in my email. Matt Peck has been fired.

Statement from Massaro:

"After an extensive review of the volleyball program and declining results the past four seasons we felt a change in direction was needed," said Massaro. "We want to thank Matt for some of the success he has provided our program over the years and wish him the very best in his future endeavors."

Peck isn't going quietly. Per social media:

11/2/2015 at 10:52 AM
"Just letting everyone know that I was terminated from MTSU today. This action taken by our AD Chris Massaro was retaliation plain and simple. Please pray for me and my staff and team as some very ugly things regarding the Athletic Department and University are going to come out. I'm a fighter and I'm not going down easily!"

11/2/2015 at 11:12 AM
For the record, I was terminated because of my record the past few years. Even though we suffered a NCAA major violation from the previous coach and lost 4 scholarships in the process and we are just now recovering from that. As recently as 2013 we had an RPI of 88. I was told in a meeting last spring by Chris Massaro that he didn't care if we won 6 matches and long as there is hope, which with 8 freshmen and on the verge of making the conference tournament this year starting 4 freshmen is very hopeful. Other coaches all year long have told me what great potential our team has and how good we are going to be in the future. I am going public with all this and more. The days of different standards for coaches of female sports have got to come to an end.

11/2/2015 at 7:52 PM
"Here is yet another smear the Athletic Department is guilty of. First of all, my record at MT was 253-141 for winning percentage of .642 and that is NOT including the 45 wins I had to vacate for the Department's NCAA violation before I arrived at MT. All this is public record. Six NCAA Tournament Appearances, 3 Second Round Appearances, a Sweet Sixteen appearance, 12 All Americans and that equals SOME of the success I've had, according to Massaro. I have no idea why they would flat out lie about my accomplishments at MT. And all of these articles are proof read and approved."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT