ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL ole miss

Freeze is done. Stick a fork in him. The NCAA wants his head on a platter and the Ole Miss powers will serve him up to avoid major sanctions.

Book it.

I think the Chip Kelly to Oxford rumors will gain speed in the coming weeks/months

A football headcoach would have to be desperate to take the ole miss job when Freeze is fired/steps down. Ole miss is going to get hit hard, it may be ten to fifteen years before it can recover. Loss of scholarships, not just a handful either. Multiple years of missing out on bowls. Players being able to transfer out/no sitting out. Ole miss is going to resemble the bleached bones of a dead animal after the vultures have finished with it.

How does Detric Bing Dukes feel right now? Ole Miss didn't even make a bowl game last season and now may not see one at all during his career. The kid could have been a big time starter for us. They had him drop a class so he could go there and look what happened. Note to kids today.... Sometimes, it's better to go to a school who does things the right way than play for a crooked P5 team. Stick to your commitment.

On the flip side, I'tavius has to feel so much relief for coming here and posting record numbers.

And Mississippi will still get a fat welfare check from the $ec

A football headcoach would have to be desperate to take the ole miss job when Freeze is fired/steps down. Ole miss is going to get hit hard, it may be ten to fifteen years before it can recover. Loss of scholarships, not just a handful either. Multiple years of missing out on bowls. Players being able to transfer out/no sitting out. Ole miss is going to resemble the bleached bones of a dead animal after the vultures have finished with it.
Oh, I agree. The chaos in Oxford won't prevent rumors from circulating. In the end, I think Kelly finds a place with more potential and less devastation than Oxford

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT