ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL New FBS conference?

Please understand that this will be the end of CUSA. Follow my logic. Tarleton State, Kennesaw State, Sam HOUSTON State, Stephen F Austin wee all rumored to come to CUSA. We are left with JVILLI ST and LU. When the next round of expansion kicks in Boisie St, Fresno St and San Diego St will move to the Pac 12 when UTAH, ASU, AZ, and CSU leave for big 12. Then NM ST, UTEP and La Tech will move to MWC . This will be the moment that Judge Commish Judy will finally wake up and realize that she was used not once but twice. This commissioner is a Joke even current FBS schools use her. Now if all this Happens the MAC will look pretty good.

If I'm Judy, I'm on the phone right now with the ASUN and WAC saying come join us. Make it 16-18 teams with pods and creative scheduling. I'm sure the new media deal has some clause for expansion. Get ahead of this and make CUSA the first nationwide super conference. Sure it will be majority new schools just making the jump, but this is better than another conference completely in my book. Doing that and keeping it at 16 may force some of the schools to stay and a few are no where near ready for FBS budget or facilities wise.

And I'd bet that if the P12 takes from the MWC, then MWC is where the Montanas and Dakotas go. Montana AD said just this week he doesn't plan on being in the Big Sky for forever.

Edit add....
I know CM is shooting for the AAC, and I'd be talking to them every week, but I'd also not be afraid to tuck tail and start talking to the SBC. Even if it meant taking say $100-200k less from the media deal for a few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaiderDeez
Judy seems clueless. After the conference is left in shambles, the geniuses running MT will still be standing there looking to her for leadership. If the leadership for MT don't get their head out of their rear, it may well be that disaster or worse.

I agree that I think M&M are holding out hope for the AAC. Who knows at this point??

I also get the feeling that massive corporate interests, eg ESPN/ABC/Disney, are simply moving or ushering chess pieces around on their board. In that scenario, MT & WKU weren't left out realignment. MT & WKU were being ushered toward the MAC.

Whatever the case, I have zero confidence in the leadership at MT and C-USA to handle these developments effectively.

Judy seems clueless. After the conference is left in shambles, the geniuses running MT will still be standing there looking to her for leadership. If the leadership for MT don't get their head out of their rear, it may well be that disaster or worse.

I agree that I think M&M are holding out hope for the AAC. Who knows at this point??

I also get the feeling that massive corporate interests, eg ESPN/ABC/Disney, are simply moving or ushering chess pieces around on their board. In that scenario, MT & WKU weren't left out realignment. MT & WKU were being ushered toward the MAC.

Whatever the case, I have zero confidence in the leadership at MT and C-USA to handle these developments effectively.
I agree mostly. They haven't shown much but the new media deal REALLY impressed me. Money matching the MAC, beating the SBC, no streaming anywhere except ESPN+. CUSATV is even done for. No Stadium or Facebook. It is a really good deal considering it is half older schools and half brand new with zero history of viewership in FBS. We made the right call staying. For now.

What I meant above was we cannot just settle now and rest. We have to keep our ears down and have plans for every scenario and not get caught with our pants down. That is alot to ask from McPhee but hopefully this last round was a wakeup call. I'm not saying we should leave for the SBC tomorrow. But we need to keep ALL options open for the craziness.

She could be clueless, or the conference presidents could be uninterested in strengthening it.

We have witnessed the morally depraved and criminally motivated ascend to the top of the government heap for many years.

These Presidents might be on the take from Vegas or from rival boosters seeking a competitive edge.

I agree mostly. They haven't shown much but the new media deal REALLY impressed me. Money matching the MAC, beating the SBC, no streaming anywhere except ESPN+. CUSATV is even done for. No Stadium or Facebook. It is a really good deal considering it is half older schools and half brand new with zero history of viewership in FBS. We made the right call staying. For now.

What I meant above was we cannot just settle now and rest. We have to keep our ears down and have plans for every scenario and not get caught with our pants down. That is alot to ask from McPhee but hopefully this last round was a wakeup call. I'm not saying we should leave for the SBC tomorrow. But we need to keep ALL options open for the craziness.
Good update on the media deal. I had not even kept up with it. Surprisingly good move actually. With that media deal, the only real strength for the MAC is their stability over the long term.

I, too, get the staying put to see what might shake out with the inevitable next wave. I'd feel better about that staying put if I had any confidence in the leadership of the geniuses running the university and conference.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT