ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING New commitment

Just watched a 3 minute highlight from 2021. Very impressed with his ball handling & skill moving with the ball. Not clumsy at all. And yes I realize those films only show the positives, but really impressed with driving skills inside the free throw line. Also shows excellent quick off his feet shot blocking. Is Coleman-Jones leaving as well? If not, I really am liking what could be an impactful interior presence. Apparent original interest was from Abilene Christian out of high school then he went to a 1 year academy for development & to garner more interest. He had interest, but no offers from Oklahoma, Iowa, Creighton, Wisconsin, & St Louis. Preferred walk-on maybe. His only other offers I saw thus far were from 2 other smaller schools out of Texas as well. Anyway I think this is a nice start on the recruiting trail.

Never a bad thing having a big that can handle the ball.

Just watched a 3 minute highlight from 2021. Very impressed with his ball handling & skill moving with the ball. Not clumsy at all. And yes I realize those films only show the positives, but really impressed with driving skills inside the free throw line. Also shows excellent quick off his feet shot blocking. Is Coleman-Jones leaving as well? If not, I really am liking what could be an impactful interior presence. Apparent original interest was from Abilene Christian out of high school then he went to a 1 year academy for development & to garner more interest. He had interest, but no offers from Oklahoma, Iowa, Creighton, Wisconsin, & St Louis. Preferred walk-on maybe. His only other offers I saw thus far were from 2 other smaller schools out of Texas as well. Anyway I think this is a nice start on the recruiting trail.
TXAM-CC won the southland and won the play in game in the tournament this year. UTRGV is in the WAC and is adding football. Not just some small schools in TX.

Ok, the original comment of the 2 smaller schools was meant to be in comparison to the mentioned schools of Oklahoma, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. To those offended there was no general disrespect meant towards Texas AM-CC or University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. I'm sure they're excellent schools & in many ways on a level playing ground to MT. And In some areas likely even better.

Ok, the original comment of the 2 smaller schools was meant to be in comparison to the mentioned schools of Oklahoma, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. To those offended there was no general disrespect meant towards Texas AM-CC or University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. I'm sure they're excellent schools & in many ways on a level playing ground to MT. And In some areas likely even better.
One way Texas A&M-CC is definitely better is they are located on their own island.

Can't remember too many recruits who came here in which they had a short highlight video of over +7,000 views.

Reactions: elamlee
Interestingly enough, I started at MT and finished at TAMUCC. The islanders have some incredible positives going for them. Facilities are solid, and yes, they have their own private beach. I loved my time at MT, but the thing I never had to worry about at Corpus was traffic or parking.

Reactions: Hop45 and elamlee
Interestingly enough, I started at MT and finished at TAMUCC. The islanders have some incredible positives going for them. Facilities are solid, and yes, they have their own private beach. I loved my time at MT, but the thing I never had to worry about at Corpus was traffic or parking.
I grew up in Galveston, but have never been to Corpus. No good way to get there from Galveston and would have looked just like home, so no reason. I do want to go there sometime though to see the Hooks play a game at Whataburger Field. Astros AA team, for those not aware ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT