ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL NCAA Tournament: #25 Middle Tennessee (12) vs Minnesota(5) (TNT), 3PM, Thursday, 3/16/2017

Wiley, you and Henry are such fair weather fans...although hard to call you fans. Posts go from "We suck" to "Ass whippin" in a matter of minutes. But guess you can say your were right...regardless of the outcome.
i assumed he was using a reverse mojo/jinx.

Wiley, you and Henry are such fair weather fans...although hard to call you fans. Posts go from "We suck" to "Ass whippin" in a matter of minutes. But guess you can say your were right...regardless of the outcome.

You're not very observant are you? Or do you simply lack comprehension skills?

Thanks for playing Minny. I can't wait to go over there and read the meltdown. We ain't so weak now. Heck, we didn't even bring our a game.

Explain to me how I am a fair weather fan ? I said before the game I was all in on MT winning. I said "damn this game was over" because it went from 17 to 4 in a blink of the eye. The meaning of "damn this game was over" is you were up 17 so it was over but now it's 4 so it isn't over...no where did I say you were even going to lose.

What's up with the Rexrode guy? Reading a couple of these recent articles has me wondering if he knows something I don't. He was really banging the drum of Kermit will be moving on for a bigger paycheck. Kermit's quote was almost sounded like a non-denial denial.

Granted, I've only read a few of the guys articles. He seems to know what he is talking about when it comes to the Xs and Os of the game. I do consider this to possibly be the usual media who doesn't routinely cover MT. You know, the sycophants of the P5 in the sports media. The type who typically sees a "mid-major" have success and just assumes that program can't keep good coaches and they must go to the P5.

Admittedly, I may be reading too much into it. There is bound to be plenty of these comments from sports media types as Kermit has March Madness success. While it must be tempting to any coach if say an Indiana type program came calling with $2-3 million a year in their pocket, I don't suspect Kermit would up and leave just because any old random P5 program came calling.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue

I love that picture posted above. On the road for huge tournament games, and they guys are hanging out playing Monopoly! I also noticed on the goblueraider website that has a bunch of pictures from the trip, the players are loading up on the bus and Upshaw is carrying Monopoly.

In these crazy days and times, how many young men are playing Monopoly? I love it. It says a lot about these young men and the team in my opinion.

If we make the Sweet 16, I do expect a full court press from a bigger school to try and land Kermit. It's going to be hard for him to turn down a multi-million dollar contract. I know he's entrenched with the Murfreesboro community and loves it here - Guess we are going to see how much.

IMO, every single dollar we've earned from the CUSA tournament success should just go straight to him. Don't we get like $150,000 per win x 7 years? Or does that go to the conference? Regardless, pay the man $1 million a year if we can IMO. IMO the attention and $$ he's generated makes him deserve $1 million a year. If we don't give it to him I don't blame him one bit for going elsewhere.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Sorr
Explain to me how I am a fair weather fan ? I said before the game I was all in on MT winning. I said "damn this game was over" because it went from 17 to 4 in a blink of the eye. The meaning of "damn this game was over" is you were up 17 so it was over but now it's 4 so it isn't over...no where did I say you were even going to lose.

Sorry to lump you in with Wiley Henry. Misread your quote when the said the game was over...thought you meant we were toast.

If we make the Sweet 16, I do expect a full court press from a bigger school to try and land Kermit. It's going to be hard for him to turn down a multi-million dollar contract. I know he's entrenched with the Murfreesboro community and loves it here - Guess we are going to see how much.

IMO, every single dollar we've earned from the CUSA tournament success should just go straight to him. Don't we get like $150,000 per win x 7 years? Or does that go to the conference? Regardless, pay the man $1 million a year if we can IMO. IMO the attention and $$ he's generated makes him deserve $1 million a year. If we don't give it to him I don't blame him one bit for going elsewhere.

I'm not expert on the NCAA tourney payment blocks. I think they might go through the conference, I think.

I completely agree that MT needs to cough up major bucks for Kermit. He's earned it. Some heroic efforts need to be made by the university to pay Kermit the big bucks for the money and publicity he has brought the university these last few years. In my opinion keep the current long term contract, but add some big bucks for the next year or two with the plan to pull more funds together to keep paying him the big bucks after the next couple of seasons. I'm saying, just do anything you can as a university to pay him to let him know he is appreciated and valued. It might just go a real long way with him knowing MT is making it's best effort to pay him what he deserves.

I think most on here agree that there is a small group of huge bball programs that can offer $2 and $3 million a year easily that very few others can match. At that point, what can you do? If he wants to go for that, not much you can do. Short of that though, MT needs to put it's best effort forward to make sure MT is at least fairly competitive with low to mid level P5 programs in $$ offered.

At this point, in my opinion, Kermit has earned the right to retire from MT if he so desires. Whether that be 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, he has built his system and culture that after 15 years is truly something special. While I have complaints about other coaches getting 12 year contracts for finishing 3 games above .5oo, I think Kermit has proven that he is more than capable of leading something special at MT, top level, nationally ranked, frequent conference championships. I really hope the athletic dept and university are already at work to extreme levels (legally and ethically) to find big bucks to pay Kermit. It will pay off so much better in the years to come if MT rewards and invests in excellence compared to rewarding and investing in mediocrity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT