ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL NCAA Tournament: #25 Middle Tennessee (12) vs Minnesota(5) (TNT), 3PM, Thursday, 3/16/2017

Man.....Reading some of the comments from the Gophers fans is funny. They think they should win and are the better team by default because they play in the Big Ten. They think their big guys are going to wreck us down low and assume we don't have any players with size because we "are a small school." Boy, they're gonna be in for a surprise. Last I checked, Walters, Gamble, and Williams are all 3 legit big men who can play with anybody.

I hope for Minnesota fans that their coach realizes it isn't gonna be a walk in the park down in the paint. Our bigs will easily hold their own. Minnesota better get huge contributions from their guards or it's gonna be a long afternoon.

Reactions: subkyle
We should probably get a technical for being from CUSA.

Man.....Reading some of the comments from the Gophers fans is funny. They think they should win and are the better team by default because they play in the Big Ten. They think their big guys are going to wreck us down low and assume we don't have any players with size because we "are a small school." Boy, they're gonna be in for a surprise. Last I checked, Walters, Gamble, and Williams are all 3 legit big men who can play with anybody.

I hope for Minnesota fans that their coach realizes it isn't gonna be a walk in the park down in the paint. Our bigs will easily hold their own. Minnesota better get huge contributions from their guards or it's gonna be a long afternoon.

Reactions: MTTim
C7CoxpbV4AANTzK.jpg

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
We are shooting 23%.....if that doesnt change this will be a double digit loss

And it's not like Minnesota is playing smothering defense. We've missed tons of open shots and lay ups.....

Unreal.

You cannot do that in the NCAA tournament and expect to win

I can't find the game radio broadcast either online. I've tried WGNS, WMOT, and 1025 the Game...

Congrats on the win.

It's laughable that Middle Tennessee would not have made the NCAA tournament without winning their conf tournament despite going 30-4. What did they need to do to get at large bid this year go 33-1 with their only loss in the conf tournament ? They just beat the crap out of a #5 seed. The committee is not very good at knowing what teams are actually good they just pick them and seed them based on RPI wins and losses.

very happy we won given we played a very ho-hum game. Other than Upshaw's spurt, I thought we played well, but definitely not our A game. Give that one a "B".

Glad we caught them on a Mason off night and after Springer's injury.

It's great we are at a place where that performance and making the round of 32 is more expected than a surprise.

Hopefully we bring our A game Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT