ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING National Signing Day Thread

I'll be up and at it early in the AM.

Make sure you keep it locked here to GoMiddle.com as myself and Austin will have updates, articles, reaction pieces, coach interviews, and overall recruiting insights for you guys!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Welp...we're not even there yet and we have some bad news to report..

3-star WR Ronald Patterson is off the board.

No one reclassifies by choice. This smells of academic issue.

At least we learned of this now and can offer an opportunity to another kid rather than find out this summer when he doesn't show up for school.

No biggie. We are signing plenty of talented WR signing. The windham kid is going to be great and our roster is already loaded with young talented WR.

In a weird way this may be a blessing. We already have too many WR signed/committed for this class. We can use his ship for a much needed defensive position

Ty Nix is a football player. He's a tad small, but makes up for it with good technique and excellent effort.

IMO, if Nix was 6'3 300, he'd be a 4 star guy

Clocked in at 250 during his OV...

I wonder if the move is to put him at the DE position. That's crazy small for a DT, but he'd fit the mold at the DE positions.

Oakland listed him a that, and he is pushing 6'....,I think he is closer to 5'11"

I wonder if the move is to put him at the DE position. That's crazy small for a DT, but he'd fit the mold at the DE positions.
Is he athletic/quick enough to play end? Maybe on run downs? I would imagine him maybe contributing 3 years down the road at defensive tackle.

Oakland listed him a that, and he is pushing 6'....,I think he is closer to 5'11"

Whatever measurements are coming through from MT right now are what the prospect checked in at during their OV. It's about as official as can be. I've never seen them "fluff" the numbers, so to speak.

Is he athletic/quick enough to play end? Maybe on run downs? I would imagine him maybe contributing 3 years down the road at defensive tackle.

Well you look at a guy like Angelo Owens - he packed on 45 pounds in his time at JUCO, so I guess the same could be done for Nix. Call it a 2-year project.

Yikes. He'll need a RS year to put on weight. IMO, Nix seems to be more of a 3 tech (think Jurrell Casey for the Titans when they were a 4-3 team). He'd only need to get to 280-290...

I really like taller DE (6'3, preferably 6'5) to be edge rushers and a threat to knock balls down at LOS, but 3 techs can use their speed/determination (as Nix has) to get leverage on OG.

On Nix, and lil Stock for that matter, why do we give them schollies? Between Hope and how much we pay their dads, why aren't they paying their own way and giving us more numbers?

He'll bulk up or down depending where they need him. He has great ball instincts and is a smart player. He lacks the weight now but Huff and Bennett are around the same height. They can bulk him up and he can stop the run. He's taken on larger dudes than him and has gotten through.

When he played on ESPN as a junior, he exploded through the line a few times against a guy who Tennessee was recruiting. He's a project but has good potential.

On Nix, and lil Stock for that matter, why do we give them schollies? Between Hope and how much we pay their dads, why aren't they paying their own way and giving us more numbers?

That very well could be the case, but for the purposes of Signing Day, they'll always report this way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT