ADVERTISEMENT

Nailed it 2...Electric Boogaloo

59526905_1129014153962610_2102220173078429696_n.jpg

Many capitalists have. Minimum wage was never meant to raise a family of 4 on. If a person is at a job for an extended period of time and still makes minimum wage they have done something wrong in most cases. Also a Federal minimum wage is a dumb idea. $7.25/hr in rural Tennessee is different than in LA or NY. $15/hr minimum wage in higher cost areas may make sense, but not in lower cost areas. Let local and state government handle issues like this. I collect wage and benefit data for the federal government and I assure you most business owners pay their good employees as much as they are able so they can keep them. Especially right now with the scarcity of available workers. I usually only see minimum wage at fast food restaurants.

Some people aren't capable of making more than minimum wage and in almost any area of the country $7.25 an hour isn't enough to live on. The effort to raise the minimum wage isn't just for those making the bare minimum by the way. Your assertion that it was never meant to be"lived on" has no data to back it up.

Some people aren't capable of making more than minimum wage and in almost any area of the country $7.25 an hour isn't enough to live on. The effort to raise the minimum wage isn't just for those making the bare minimum by the way. Your assertion that it was never meant to be"lived on" has no data to back it up.

Who isn't capable of making more than $7.25 and hour?

Mike, we aren't just talking about the $7.25 an hour group that can't make it. There are also those making as much as $10 an hour that are struggling. Minimum wage hasn't kept up with inflation... That's the point.

Who isn't capable of making more than $7.25 and hour?
That is the mentality that I cannot stand. I am neither Republican nor Democrat because both parties have some serious flaws, but the Democrats view that "some people" cannot make more than $7.25 or 10.00/hr drives me crazy. Unless someone has some mental or physical disability there is no excuse for making $10.00/hour in most cases. The mentality that poor people need the government to help them because they are not capable of more on their own is elitist and wrong. I have no issue with a private company making their minimum wage whatever they want it to be above the minimum wage.

What data am I supposed to have to show that the minimum wage was not meant to be lived on? And actually the first minimum wage in 1938 was $0.25/hour which would be worth $4.48 in today's money according the CPI inflation calculator and some other inflation calculators showed the same thing.

This link shows that to be the case.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/business/us-minimum-wage-by-year/index.html

Look man you can have your beliefs, but how much you are consumed with Republican vs. Democrat is unhealthy. Neither party cares about you this much I can guarantee you.

Where I work, many of the lowest paid workers have felonies. Even a class E felony can make it tough to get a good job. It's how the system is set up. It provides cheap labor and also more profit via private prison. You would think that once they paid their debt their sentence would be over for them, but it's meant to keep cheap labor available.

Last edited:
Where I work, many of the lowest paid workers have felonies. Even a class E felony can make it tough to get a good job. It's how the system is set up. It provides cheap labor and also more profit via private prison. You would think that once they paid their debt their sentence would be over for them, but it's meant to keep cheap labor available.
Could not agree more

A woman should have the choice about what to do with her body. If it's in her body and attached to it, it's still her body.

A woman should have the choice about what to do with her body. If it's in her body and attached to it, it's still her body.
Completely separate and unique DNA is not her body. And I assume you think a woman can shoot up heroine and prostitute herself as well?

What does prostitution have to do with the abortion debate? I suppose you want to get me to admit to being ok with addiction in order to put me in some lower moral position, but the truth is I know enough about addiction to know that no matter what anyone wants, the addict will do what they want, so there's no sense in trying to make them do anything. Please stop replying to my posts. You aren't very bright and I don't enjoy debating with you because your debating method is immature.

What does prostitution have to do with the abortion debate? I suppose you want to get me to admit to being ok with addiction in order to put me in some lower moral position, but the truth is I know enough about addiction to know that no matter what anyone wants, the addict will do what they want, so there's no sense in trying to make them do anything. Please stop replying to my posts. You aren't very bright and I don't enjoy debating with you because your debating method is immature.
You mean I point out your arguments are flawed. I never said being okay with addiction. If your debate supporting abortion is that a woman should be able to control her own body then they should be able to do those two things as well. Just so you know I think they should be able to do anything they want to with their bodies, including prostitution, drugs, or anything else. I just do not agree a baby inside the woman's body is her body. It is a separate body that temporarily is attached to another body. I understand the first thing someone does when they cannot win an argument is insult the other person. You say I am not very bright, but yet you do not want me to reply to your posts on a public forum because my debating method is immature? What is your debating method? Putting a bunch of memes that are at best only partially true and then ask someone to stop replying when you do not like what they have to say?

Let's see... First you say this:

"Completely separate and unique DNA is not her body. And I assume you think a woman can shoot up heroine and prostitute herself aswell?"

Implying that you take issue with a person using drugs or prostituting themselves.

Then you say this:

"Just so you know I think they should be able to do anything they want to with their bodies, including prostitution, drugs, or anything else."

And that is why you are a ninny.

BRF,

Let me help you decipher...he is saying woman can do what they want with "their" bodies. A baby is a different human, so you can't harm the baby in the process of doing what you want...this side of the womb its a crime.

Reactions: crposton
Sorry, but a group of cells, which is exactly what an embryo is at twelve weeks, isn't a baby. Even if it were, if it's inside of your body, and attached by a cord, it's your body.

First of all, the pics that you linked are of a wax replica of a fetus. I've seen a twelve week old human embyo/fetus and it looks like this:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=imQjRSaD&id=3E9015F5F97E384A4953E0BEE5E05FC449753177&thid=OIP.imQjRSaDaoTeXjID38ka_gAAAA&mediaurl=https://progressivecynic.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/12-week-old-fetus.png?w=453&h=344&exph=228&expw=300&q=twelve+week+old+human+fetus&simid=608007651013233521&selectedindex=9&ajaxhist=0&vt=1&eim=8,3,4,2,1,6&sim=11

Secondly, you asked what about the other time lengths. I assume you mean "when does it become a baby" and the reasoning is that at those other limits (beyond 28 weeks) the fetus could survive outside of the womb. So, at that point it becomes a viable human. You can refute this, but that's the general consensus among medical doctors and scientists who know a lot more about it than you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT