ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MTSU to be participant in Baha Mar Hoops Nassau Championship

Outside of Ohio, these are some pretty average at best programs. Expectation needs to be to win this thing.
yeah, nothing about this list inspires any particular excitement. I guess no P5s or power conference opponents would be caught dead at this event. The only thing attractive is the destination,

A few years ago before we tanked, we were playing in the Battle of Atlantis and Maui invitational against P5 schools. Now this... They need to get some P5 schools on the schedule even if they are on the road to beef the schedule up. Did we even play a P5 school last year?

A few years ago before we tanked, we were playing in the Battle of Atlantis and Maui invitational against P5 schools. Now this... They need to get some P5 schools on the schedule even if they are on the road to beef the schedule up. Did we even play a P5 school last year?

Nope. Sure didn't. Schedule for sure needs beefed up a bit. It can be done without playing powerhouses.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Imagine there’s a reason such as Nick has only beaten ONE - ever - a sub .500 Georgetown.

Rick has a better record against power opponents than Nick if that tells you anything.

Imagine there’s a reason such as Nick has only beaten ONE - ever - a sub .500 Georgetown.

Rick has a better record against power opponents than Nick if that tells you anything.
To be fair, over the last decade, non-con/Power 5 record for Rick hasn’t been the problem. It’s beating the teams IN conference. (can say that about both Rick’s honestly).

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I think I recall from someone that they tried to get vandy for the MC 50th anniversary game, but the post season run in spring of 22 eliminated any interest from vandy in playing here last December.
Which is just ridiculous. Us being scared of UCONN or Houston, sure. Makes sense. Vandy being scared of us for a couple Round of 64 wins is just weak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT