ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MT Football Facilities

The thing is this thing is so damn lame. I don't even know what this is? Is this the whole thing? Is this phase 1 or A or the whole damn thing? What ever this is comes ten f***ing years too late.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Simply stalling until retirement. None of them will be around to cut the blue ribbon with the big scissors (assuming it even gets past the design stage.)

So sad.
For me when ever this is officially announced and explained to whatever degree the media is allowed to ask softball questions, Massaro and McPhee will think they've hit a home run and it will be nothing of the sort.

You would think a leadership would put something together that puts us ahead of our peers (which may consist of Tuscumlum and Trevecca Nazarene by the time it's finished) but actually they're playing catchup to what our current group of peers had five years ago.

F*** our 'leadership'

For me when ever this is officially announced and explained to whatever degree the media is allowed to ask softball questions, Massaro and McPhee will think they've hit a home run and it will be nothing of the sort.

You would think a leadership would put something together that puts us ahead of our peers (which may consist of Tuscumlum and Trevecca Nazarene by the time it's finished) but actually they're playing catchup to what our current group of peers had five years ago.

F*** our 'leadership'
Exactly! If it does get built it will be some cheap sheet metal piece of garbage that will be a generation behind everyone else. I would rather these clowns not build anything and save the money for whoever takes over next.

Nuff said. Probably wasn't us but point is still valid. Facilities matter. WVU had to build as part of B12 acceptance. Only thing was donors poured in money once the conference move was announced.

We have no donors. Frigin frackin.

This echo's what I have said all along. We do not take sports seriously, thus we weren't invited. It's really that simple.

The schools that are investing in their programs, coaches, and future are the programs that conferences are after. That's why we are where we are, and they are where they are. The cream always rises to the top, sometimes it just takes a while. We are going to end up exactly where we belong.

Again, I ask, why even bother with athletics if you're not going to go all in and compete with your peers and build for the future? EVERYONE knew alignment was coming. Stockstill even discussed this on his recent radio appearance with Greg and Stockstill said everyone knew it was coming. Everyone has known for years.

So what did Middle Tennessee do for the last 10 years, when everyone knew alignment was coming, and our peers were amassing war chests, building new football/basketball facilities, and chasing the best coaches they could afford? We upgraded and built new stuff for all the non-revenue (aka. unimportant sports nobody cares about and only have because of title 9) sports and did quite literally nothing for basketball/football.

This is an unimaginable failure of the "leadership" at our university. It is honestly probably a good thing I don't live in Murfreesboro because I would probably get arrested for harassment/disturbance of the peace or something because I would 100% let the clowns of Sidney McPhee and Chris Massaro hear my peace. I cannot put into words my frustration and the incompetence and the lack of accountability that reeks across our campus. I have no earthly idea how this pea brain Chris DUMB**** Massaro still has a job. I wouldn't trust him to manage a McDonalds. It is ****ing CRIMINAL what is going on at MTSU right now. C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L

But as I've said in other threads, I think we should shut it all down. We don't take sports seriously, so why bother? No point in building new facilities now, what's done is done and it's too late. Save the money, close the programs, and focus on academics or basket weaving or something. Division 1 sports is not for MTSU, and anyone who suggests otherwise is in denial, the first stage of grieving.

Reactions: MTTim
Hope we end up in the Mac. Huge parade. Press conferences and some raises for the powers that be. Should be fun to watch the dumpster fire burn. Will have to invest in some long sleeve shirts for all the teams but Ohio is not that far away…

MT = wasted potential. And it’s honestly too late to turn it around. The groundwork would have had to been laid 5-10 years ago. And how Wiley said, it was crystal clear where things were heading. Our lack of leadership put us in this spot.

let’s get that billboard. I will donate.

Last edited:
Hope we end up in the Mac. Huge parade. Press conferences and some raises for the powers that be. Should be fun to watch the dumpster fire burn. Will have to invest in some long sleeve shirts for all the teams but Ohio is not that far away…
I’m beginning to think all three of them are gonna bail and retire after this fiscal year-end next June and the BOT will give them a big “thanks for your dedicated service” reception at the HOF. Just like Memphis did for Shirley Raines and RC Johnson. Then someone will have to come in and clean up the wreckage. One problem though, there aren’t multiple FedEx millionaires in the BRAA who can (or would) write a check for the necessary housecleaning and revival of a dead Blue Raider Athletics program.

If they were gone, do you think someone with some get up and go, a new attitude both President and AD, could bring big or decent alumni back and bring in corporate donors, or has the current admin killed that even for a future group?

If they were gone, do you think someone with some get up and go, a new attitude both President and AD, could bring big or decent alumni back and bring in corporate donors, or has the current admin killed that even for a future group?
Honestly, 15 years ago I might be coaxed back but after the last 10 years of watching Rome burn while they write these self-aggrandizing media guide bios, Instagram press releases and Bowl trip tweets I have neither the desire or the energy for it anymore.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
The right president can make all the difference. I have personally seen it at another school. New president fires the long term AD who only required a .500 record for coaches and the new AD fired all the major coaches. The next hire took the school to unprecedented heights in 3 of the 4 biggest sports.

Alumni and money would return if we make changes. Our current AD and president are too stupid to see it. Passion and excitement could return with changes. I cannot fathom how blind these “good” men are and just how terrible they are at their jobs. I have never wanted 2 men fired or to leave a particular job so bad in my life. They are cowards. They have no vision. They are everything that is wrong with our university. And they surround themselves with yes men. It really could be better, but these 2 cancers will not leave. It is sad.

They are not doing away with athletics. LOL. I'm skeptical as to when they build because the money isn't there. I also think they are grossly overspending based on their plan which is typical of these types of bureaucratic idiots. They could have had a very nice and functional IPF with offices and a killer training facility for a lot less a long time ago but that's just my opinion. It's definitely mismanagement. Thet's why when they had their damage control party after the MAC f up, I was not on board. It's total B.S. until they move the dirt. There are no dates or immeadiate plans to do it so I call B.S. until I see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRaiderDave
this is what our new conference mate is starting this year to upgrade their stadium....it won't take long for Rich Rod to be top 25. https://images.app.goo.gl/9bZRduZ8WNMz67yy5
Personally I am not a fan. Hopefully their final product looks better with the older part of the stadium. It will be nice than ours so there’s that.

I thought this has been planned for half a decade ?

why is it taking so long now to move dirt ?

don’t they understand we are already way behind the 8 ball here ?

why is there never a sense of urgency with this admin ?

they are like the old farts on the road doing 20mph under the speed limit holding up traffic, because they literally have nowhere to be and nothing important going on in their life other than awaiting death.

in this case, it feels like they are waiting for the death of our athletics programs. Just zero urgency. None. Ever.

Is there something in TN code that prevented the non dirt moving processes to already be completed? You'd think when they had even 30% funded they would go ahead and hire architects for design (actual not just renders), engineers for site planning and structural, permits ready, etc.

I dont understand waiting till you are 100% funded before you do ANYTHING unless there is something in TN code with regard to institutions that requires that.

I’d assume it’s got to start soon. Having a 1.5 million dollar donation doesn’t happen unless they are pretty far along.

There will be a BOT meeting on March 15th. Athletics update and McPhee’s contract are on the schedule.

Contract? Didnt McPhee just get an extension last year or something?

EDIT
Geez time flies. He is almost through a 5 year contract that ends Dec of 2023. Makes $400k annual and will get a bonus if he finishes the contract.

I think the bonus is a goal being met sad to say. Not becoming 7 wood. They just couldn't word the contract that way.

I work in a field with both GMC and Barge. Barge is legit but GMC is kind of known as the go to Architect firm you start with before moving onto a better firm. They are probably one of the biggest however and they have designed some beautiful projects before, so who knows. And to speak to how long it has taken to get the SD's back, I can tell you it is not MT's fault. These LA firms take forevvvver.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I work in a field with both GMC and Barge. Barge is legit but GMC is kind of known as the go to Architect firm you start with before moving onto a better firm. They are probably one of the biggest however and they have designed some beautiful projects before, so who knows. And to speak to how long it has taken to get the SD's back, I can tell you it is not MT's fault. These LA firms take forevvvver.

My Dad and Brother-in-law are both Civil Engineers. My Dad did more structural before retiring and BiL does more site planning.

To say these things take forever is an understatement. Even with the design done, still has go to through structural and site both. Lots more to do before dirt gets moved.

Quite often the planning, even going non stop, takes longer than the actual building.

Reactions: ewglenn
So I’m making my prediction that the stadium will be 27,784 seats after part of the upper deck is removed (down from 30,788 now). I did some rough math and think it will be close. Removing the two upper deck sections that hook towards the endzone (remaining in renderings) would lower it to right at 27k. Personally I think we should only have 25k.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
So I’m making my prediction that the stadium will be 27,784 seats after part of the upper deck is removed (down from 30,788 now). I did some rough math and think it will be close. Removing the two upper deck sections that hook towards the endzone (remaining in renderings) would lower it to right at 27k. Personally I think we should only have 25k.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it till it sticks. Lol.

Kill the scoreboard endzone seats and make it all the beer garden. Tiered stair step decking starting at field level as it is now.

Would be unique and a revenue generator as well over and above admission.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it till it sticks. Lol.

Kill the scoreboard endzone seats and make it all the beer garden. Tiered stair step decking starting at field level as it is now.

Would be unique and a revenue generator as well over and above admission.
Maybe they could also do a stage and have live music there. I mean we are in the Nashville metro. I’m sure we could get some decent name bands to perform for cheap.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT