ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MT 2017-2018

RaiderDawg78

All American
Sep 7, 2005
So ended up having the, "You guys are really good", "How are you only a #12 seed?" conversation at the local Taco Mac last night. Started talking the difficulty scheduling big games, made me wonder -who do we have scheduled next year?

We have a game at Vanderbilt.
We are in the Hawaiian Diamond Head Classic at Christmas.
I assume TSU (played 6 straight years).
I assume Belmont (played ~12 straight years).
We played Toledo at home and neutral this year; maybe have the return at Toledo?
We always play a D-II, NAIA, or NCCAA school. Can't see this changing (wish it would - we would get more credit for losing to a top 25 team than this game).

So that would be 8 of the usual 12 OOC games. Any others that I have missed?

I am guessing we will have a money game or 2, on the road at a P5 school, hopefully with a top 25-50 rpi.

So ended up having the, "You guys are really good", "How are you only a #12 seed?" conversation at the local Taco Mac last night. Started talking the difficulty scheduling big games, made me wonder -who do we have scheduled next year?

We are in the Hawaiian Diamond Head Classic at Christmas.
We played Toledo at home and neutral this year; maybe have the return at Toledo?
We always play a D-II, NAIA, or NCCAA school. Can't see this changing (wish it would - we would get more credit for losing to a top 25 team than this game).

So that would be 8 of the usual 12 OOC games. Any others that I have missed?

I am guessing we will have a money game or 2, on the road at a P5 school, hopefully with a top 25-50 rpi.

I believe the Raiders play Auburn in B'ham since Bruce Pearl begged off playing that last game in the series after we spanked their sorry butts in Bridgestone Arena back in December of 2015.

Also are we continuing a series with Ole Miss?

I believe the Raiders play Auburn in B'ham since Bruce Pearl begged off playing that last game in the series after we spanked their sorry butts in Bridgestone Arena back in December of 2015.

Also are we continuing a series with Ole Miss?

You are right.

So updating:

We are in the Hawaiian Diamond Head Classic at Christmas. (3 games)
Ole Miss at Home
Auburn in B'ham (probably)
We always play a D-II, NAIA, or NCCAA school.

That leaves 2 more games to complete the OOC.

I think we are at Toledo next year. CKD has mentioned trying to get a Nashville game with VCU but I don't know if that will happen or even what year he was talking about.

I don't mind doing one non-D1 game per year, especially like we did it this year with it being free admission for local elementary students. If even 10 of those 5,000 kids ask their parents to bring them back to a future game, that makes a difference.

I think we are at Toledo next year. CKD has mentioned trying to get a Nashville game with VCU but I don't know if that will happen or even what year he was talking about.

I don't mind doing one non-D1 game per year, especially like we did it this year with it being free admission for local elementary students. If even 10 of those 5,000 kids ask their parents to bring them back to a future game, that makes a difference.

I get that rationale, but those games don't count at all in the RPI and with our seeding issues, we would get more from a seeding perspective by getting smoked by a top 25 team than beating them. Plus, I think attendance is boosted more by getting to the tourney than playing a non-DI school.

When we are not selling out any game in the non-conference, we should give away tickets in the pull out bleachers.

Reactions: MTTrueBlue
a uab fan on the cusa board stated that the uab coach is trying to schedule a P5 for a double header with MT vs Auburn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT