ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Motivation...

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Just wondering how the coaches play up this game?

Next game?

Revenge?

In order to be the champs, you have to beat the champs?

rivalry?

Honestly, as pedestrian as Marshall looks right now, I'd make it clear that this is for the east title.

One of my biggest peeves with this program/staff is the absolute failure to even be competitive in big games. Bowl games, rival games, p5 games, games that have hype or interest - when was the last time we showed up in one of these things?

This is a big game - traditional rival, which embarassed you last year, on homecoming, with a big crowd, and a major leg up on the east title on the line - well, this is one of those many games that could be a springboard to bigger things. Or just another "don't mind us, we're just happy to be here" MT moment.

Honestly, as pedestrian as Marshall looks right now, I'd make it clear that this is for the east title.

One of my biggest peeves with this program/staff is the absolute failure to even be competitive in big games. Bowl games, rival games, p5 games, games that have hype or interest - when was the last time we showed up in one of these things?

This is a big game - traditional rival, which embarassed you last year, on homecoming, with a big crowd, and a major leg up on the east title on the line - well, this is one of those many games that could be a springboard to bigger things. Or just another "don't mind us, we're just happy to be here" MT moment.
I agree on the Bowl and rival games, but I would say we definitely showed up against La Tech.

We showed up vs Marshall in 2013 and WKU in 2014. WKU embarrassed everyone last year. LT came the closest and still lost. This is obviously a new and different year. However, you are right. This is for all the marbles tomorrow. And yes, we have a history of crapping the bed when it matters so we'll see. It's a coin flip game as it stands now.

Last edited:
I worry about us saying this game is for "all the marbles" tomorrow. Give the history of MT football, and we all are very familiar with it, we have a chance to lose any game on the schedule.

If we win it though, we will be the clear front runners in the conference and in the east. If we want that seat, WKU is in our way. Marshall has yet to win a FBS game so I'm not as worried about them and if they drop another game, they are out of it no matter what. WKU is the only other team in the east that could take it so it is for all of the marbles.

ODU will do us a favor with Marshall. I believe that. It's all about us and it's time to step up and take the crown. If we lose, we are essentially tied and then we have to hope Marshall or ODU beats WKU.

We hold our own fate in our hands. It's all about us as they say.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT