ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Midseason thoughts on MTSU

I checked the espn projections for the rest of the schedule and MT is projected to go 3-3, with losses to North Texas, FIU, and wku. It would not surprise me if MT goes 2-4 with a loss on the road to Charlotte.

Midseason thoughts about MTSU:

"MEH"

No surprises. Beat who we should by less than we should. Lost to who we should by more than we should.

3-3 Is optimistic the rest of the way. I agree with Space, 2-4 is a good prediction.

Rick can find a way to win or lose any of the remaining games but I figure the Raiders win the 3 home games and at least one road game

Most teams "rebuild" championship level teams. We "rebuild" 6-6 level teams.

What's the name of those G5 teams other than UCF, Appy st. and Boise st.? I do agree about Stock though. Our prolem is coaching. Straight up. We have tons of talent. We have no creativity or continuity at all.

What's the name of those G5 teams other than UCF, Appy st. and Boise st.? I do agree about Stock though. Our prolem is coaching. Straight up. We have tons of talent. We have no creativity or continuity at all.

We have no identity.

Just Look at the website pics. Seriously, We’ve got some coaches who don’t shave, look like they have it on autopilot and live under a bridge in Nashville. I won’t post the pics but go look for yourself.

Houston, Toledo, Memphis....You could probably throw Western Michigan into that convo as well though they've tailed off the last 2 years since row the boat left. Temple has also been quite solid going 10-4, 10-4, 7-6, and 8-5 last 4 years and graduating their coaches. Toledo is always a team to be reckoned with despite graduating head coaches and assistants like wildfire. Tulane has also been quietly beating @$$ going 8-5, 11-2, 10-2, and 7-6 last 4 years and looking REALLY good this year.

Of note, Houston fired Major Applewhite after just 2 seasons where he went 7-5 and then 8-5. I guess 8-5 wasn't good enough. Now that's a program with expectations and respect for itself.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Houston also has a major money guy that brought in Holgerson. Who by the way is essentially tanking this season to build next. Convinced two seniors including his QB to redshirt this year.

But still. Your point is valid. They wanted better than 8-5. I’d be proud to have an admin that felt that way as well as losing coaches to other higher programs. Means we are doing something right.

I’ve said it before. If enough people are picked from your program you’ll have coaches wanting to come coach here. That’s a good thing to me.

Houston, Toledo, Memphis....You could probably throw Western Michigan into that convo as well though they've tailed off the last 2 years since row the boat left. Temple has also been quite solid going 10-4, 10-4, 7-6, and 8-5 last 4 years and graduating their coaches. Toledo is always a team to be reckoned with despite graduating head coaches and assistants like wildfire. Tulane has also been quietly beating @$$ going 8-5, 11-2, 10-2, and 7-6 last 4 years and looking REALLY good this year.

Of note, Houston fired Major Applewhite after just 2 seasons where he went 7-5 and then 8-5. I guess 8-5 wasn't good enough. Now that's a program with expectations and respect for itself.
I may head west this weekend to watch the Tigers try and rebound against Tulane after crapping the bed in the first half at Temple last week. There are no guarantees the Tigers will beat the Green Wave. They are a very good football team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT