ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs UTEP, (CUSA Tournament) (Stadium) 8PM, Thursday, March 10, 2022

Such a sad and unfortunately predictable way to end the season. 3 game losing streak, one and done in the tournament despite winning the East.

team couldn’t win without Jefferson, and he’s gone next year. Probably take a couple of steps back next year without Jefferson and Sims unless Nick can find another assassin for hire for a year.

edit: guess we are going to OT. Thought we were done after that UTEP offensive rebound and subsequent 3 pointer

If review takes this long there can’t be overwhelming evidence. Play stands move on

Assuming since Jefferson didnt go tonight, he won’t be available the whole tournament.

or is there a chance he could play tomorrow ?
If we win tonight we will have to have Jefferson’s offense to have any chance at UAB.

Such a sad and unfortunately predictable way to end the season. 3 game losing streak, one and done in the tournament despite winning the East.

team couldn’t win without Jefferson, and he’s gone next year. Probably take a couple of steps back next year without Jefferson and Sims unless Nick can find another assassin for hire for a year.

edit: guess we are going to OT. Thought we were done after that UTEP offensive rebound and subsequent 3 pointer
Edit: sWiley give this team some credit… it’s tourney time.. winning grinding games is how it’s done

Dishman POG tonight….or should be

agreed. Dishman has progressively gotten better and better since being here. I was not a fan at all when we signed him but he has proven me wrong. He has some really nifty moves down low despite being so undersized. And he plays great defense too even though he’s almost always smaller than his man. He’s a player for sure

Gonna be a different animal tomorrow though. UAB is gonna score and score frequently.

really wish Jefferson could go. Gonna need someone like King to step up and have a career night.

North Texas and UAB appear to be on a crash collision course for the finals but I sure would love to spoil that and get some revenge on UAB.

Jalen Jordan will be back. May not be as good as Jefferson, but he isn’t far off.

Reactions: MTsumner92

This didn’t age well.

Lines only -2.5 for MT

Looks like books are begging for MT action since we destroyed UTEP last time we played them, #1 against the spread in D1 ball, and we've been an absolute covering machine. They are making this look like a total cinch for MT.

So UTEP is the play
Hope you lost your a$$… but guessing you never actually bet.. note to self never follow sWiley’s betting advice.. In fact, it’s should be opposite day every time you post your sage betting advice..

gutsy game- the defense was really good overall.. Eli & Dishman were clutch- wish they would’ve given Dish some iso touches down low to stem the run UTEP made.. Weston was big despite the silly fouls… need to get fluids down and get off their feet..

Hope you lost your a$$… but guessing you never actually bet.. note to self never follow sWiley’s betting advice.. In fact, it’s should be opposite day every time you post your sage betting advice..

gutsy game- the defense was really good overall.. Eli & Dishman were clutch- wish they would’ve given Dish some iso touches down low to stem the run UTEP made.. Weston was big despite the silly fouls… need to get fluids down and get off their feet..

majority of the money bet was on MT yet the line was coming down. It’s called reverse line movement. Vegas was in fact baiting people to bet MT because they liked UTEP.

this is public knowledge that you can easily seek out and verify yourself, not my opinion

try again

Ok, had to change my t-shirt due to all the nervous sweating. Age or the price of being a MT fan?

What a grinding gutsy performance. They needed some other guys to really step it up in place of Jefferson, and boy did they!

Eli was phenomenal and demonstrated that he belonged on some all conf list. What a great game with superior effort and fight.

Dish, what can you say. He practically carried the team on tough, gritty, and wily play.

Outstanding D all around. Lenard's defense was a sight to see.

MT will need to bring more of the same plus a little more tomorrow. Sims and/or Weston are due for a big offensive game and will be needed vs UAB.

Reactions: kingaling42
Ok, had to change my t-shirt due to all the nervous sweating. Age or the price of being a MT fan?

What a grinding gutsy performance. They needed some other guys to really step it up in place of Jefferson, and boy did they!

Eli was phenomenal and demonstrated that he belonged on some all conf list. What a great game with superior effort and fight.

Dish, what can you say. He practically carried the team on tough, gritty, and wily play.

Outstanding D all around. Lenard's defense was a sight to see.

MT will need to bring more of the same plus a little more tomorrow. Sims and/or Weston are due for a big offensive game and will be needed vs UAB.
Agreed. The rest of the yeam needs to step up baby!!

2pm CST, 3pm EST on CBSSN

I’m expecting a line around 8 with Jefferson out, possibly 9.

gonna be tough sleddin’

majority of the money bet was on MT yet the line was coming down. It’s called reverse line movement. Vegas was in fact baiting people to bet MT because they liked UTEP.

this is public knowledge that you can easily seek out and verify yourself, not my opinion

try again
I did notice the line, IIRC, went down from 3.5 to 2.5 to 1.5 prior to the game. Don't bet on sports so I don't keep up but doesn't that confirm your "reverse line movement" theory.

Stadium app on Roku looks good to me, but the media deal is overall terrible. I at least want it to be on one platform.
Agreed, today we have the reverse for times and a new media platform enters. Men play early on the CBSSN, women at night on Stadium.
While Stadium yesterday was on a par with + it did buffer for me on occasion. When combined with MT's piss poor radio coverage this tournament TV set up makes it hard to follow MT basketball. And don't get me started on CUSATV which is really terrible, and we have to pay for it unlike similar conferences. What media we have surely doesn't help grow the fan base.

Reactions: ewglenn
Amazon has NFL now, so granted they are going for the big boys, but still. I'd pitch a deal to them. Coordinate with those Thursday night games somehow and at least have our tournaments on one service. Still streaming but no one asks "how do I watch Prime" like they ask "how do I watch Stadium".

Reactions: ewglenn
I did notice the line, IIRC, went down from 3.5 to 2.5 to 1.5 prior to the game. Don't bet on sports so I don't keep up but doesn't that confirm your "reverse line movement" theory.
Yes it does. The majority of the money was bet on MT, so the line should have increased, not decreased. This is known as reverse line movement. You have to look at the money being bet and the line movement, not just the line movement. The line doesn’t always go the way the money is being bet.

This happens when Vegas gambles and baits people into betting one side. Essentially, it’s the books themselves doing a little gambling. They are usually right too. There are people out there who do nothing but chase and bet reverse line movements and it can really pay off.

Yes it does. The majority of the money was bet on MT, so the line should have increased, not decreased. This is known as reverse line movement. You have to look at the money being bet and the line movement, not just the line movement. The line doesn’t always go the way the money is being bet.

This happens when Vegas gambles and baits people into betting one side. Essentially, it’s the books themselves doing a little gambling. They are usually right too. There are people out there who do nothing but chase and bet reverse line movements and it can really pay off.
I get your post, that's just how the odds makers work- they wanted/needed additional bets to even out their risk and/or maximize perceived profits- it's not that complicated of a process.. simple question for you though- did you win or lose $ last night on this game?

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Jalen Jordan will be back. May not be as good as Jefferson, but he isn’t far off.
Jalen Jordan is 42% from 3 pt land for his career; Josh is 37%.. both guys averaged 14 points/game prior to transferring to MT.. they have very similar career numbers and in almost every category Jordan is a hair better (slightly more TO per game, slightly lower 2pt FG%).. Jordan even produced with the freak shooting hand/finger injury last year if you'll recall.. the extra year off should only help Jordan so long as he's on track with his rehab.. If Millin, Lenard, & King can continue their improvement like Eli has- then I'm not too worried about next year.. we know that Weston can produce in the mid-range and paint areas- especially when he's playing downhill.. can you imagine anyone trying to guard Weston if he improves his consistency with outside shooting?

Jefferson has been a glue guy for this team though in terms of leadership so that will be missed and someone will have to step up to fill that void..

Reactions: SpaceRaider
That gave me a damn heart attack last night, glad they got it done. Tough short turn around today. lol we have been giving ole RinaALing crap for two years, good to see him in here giving it back now haha!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I get your post, that's just how the odds makers work- they wanted/needed additional bets to even out their risk and/or maximize perceived profits- it's not that complicated of a process.. simple question for you though- did you win or lose $ last night on this game?

Didn't bet it. Cashed out all my accounts into crypto about a month ago and have not been betting with traditional books. Been looking at a new website called BetOpenly which is a peer-to-peer betting network. The "house" takes 1% of the juice from each bet, and you keep everything else if you win. It seems to be the most profitable way to win in the long run because its nearly impossible to beat the books paying 10%. But 1% is a whole different story. You can also create and customize your own bets on the website, but someone else obviously has to fill that void and accept your bet to get action. It's a very neat concept and I believe has a huge future.

Probably will make a deposit on there for the NCAA tournament, since there should be plenty of available action for all the games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT