ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs UTEP, 6PM, Monday, February 21, 2022

CNM was lucky - Ray Nitilli gave him some grace but also told him all about the grace he was receiving and said he should have tossed him for hyping up the Glass House crowd.. I spoke with someone very familiar with what's happening last night- evidently the NCAA refs received guidance last week about certain things being automatic technicals now (why in the midst of a season is beyond me, but....) all player taunting (i.e. Lenard's head pat but including other things like flexing and other hand gestures) are supposed to be automatic now.. coaches that point at the replay/scoreboards showing foul disparities- now automatic- excessively out of coaches box- automatic (see Tom Izzo last night).. so evidently this is now a thing.. so no taunting of any kind and coaches have a short, short leash on showing up the officials... usually this stuff is placed on hold and becomes an officiating emphasis the next season but nope- everyone now has to adjust 2/3rds into the year... never seen anything quite like it
The UTEP coach was out of his box all night. If they are enforcing that he should have been thrown out.

Wes Long if I had to guess..

That would make sense. I think I remember hearing nick say one time that he didn’t have a traditional hierarchy of assistants (they all make the same money I believe) but Battle is new to the staff and Long has more coaching experience than Dixon, including head coaching experience in division 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT