ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs. Maryville, 11am, Tuesday, 11/5/19

Tyson Jackson was impressive for the minutes he played. He got into foul trouble early so didn't play as much as he would have. He has a big strong body and moves well. I think he will obviously have a learning curve as a true freshman but will be a good player for us.

CJ Jones was very impressive. He can shoot the spot up 3 and can shoot the mid range jumper off the dribble. He also can jump out of the gym. He had several impressive dunks and ally oops. He will be a big scorer for us.

It's really disappointing that we will not have Scurry for the first 11 games and Dishman for the season down low as I think we will be out manned down there this season. Tyson Jackson is really the only big body we have down there so we will take our lumps there. I think we will be much improved this year but won't be able to compete for the championship. I hope i'm wrong, but we may be one more year away from competing for championship.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
mistakes, turnovers, fouls, rust, it happens...

I remember five years ago when Martin Methodist came in and beat a Blue Raider team that had the five players who would start and and beat Michigan State in the NCAA tourney at the end of the following season.
Remember that season well. My high school and college buddy is AD at Martin Methodist. I believe they had a 5’8” kid from Memphis Craigmont who won the NCAA dunk contest.
The wife and I drove to St. Louis after that Mich St. win to spend the weekend and watch the Syracuse game. I paid $40 on Seat Geek for two floor seats under the basket next to the Syracuse bench. Not a good day for the Blue Raiders but the Orangemen did make a deep run after that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT