ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs LaTech (ASN), Blackout Game, 6PM, Saturday, September 24, 2016

goblueraiders.com:

BIG CHALLENGE AWAITS WITH LA TECH

TV LISTINGS

Comcast Nashville: 14/1014 & 228
Direct TV: 640
Dish: 432
AT&T U-Verse: 1030
Campus: 58.2

GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

(GAMEDAY CENTRAL)

Hashtag: #BeatLATECH, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_FB
Instagram: @MTAthletics
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Game Captains: OL Maurquice Shakir, DL Shaquille Huff, P Matt Bonadies.

Date: Saturday, Sept. 24
Time: 6:06 PM
Teams: Middle Tennessee (2-1) vs Louisiana Tech (1-2)
Stadium: Floyd Stadium (30,788)
Raider Walk: 3:45 PM
Gates Open: 4:30 PM
Weather Forecast: Sunny and 93 degrees
TV: ASN
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1)
Play-by-Play:Chip Walters
Analysis: Wes Counts

Live Streaming | Live Stats | Live Audio

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: LT leads 4-1
At Middle Tennessee: 1-1
At Ruston: LT leads 3-0
At Neutral Site: 0-0
Rick Stockstill vs LA Tech: 0-1
Skip Holtz vs MT: 1-0
Last MT Win: 2000 (49-21 in Murfreesboro)
Last LT Win: 2015 (45-16 in Ruston)

Geez...how can our D look so good for a few series and then absolutely get shredded when we need them 1 more time.

Wow, what a finish.

I don't get why Tech didn't go to Taylor on 3rd or 4th down - weak fades. But the D stood up when they needed to and we got the W.

He was hurt that last series. Honestly should have come out for the last couple of plays. He had no bounce left. Not sure if it was cramps or what, but he wasn't right.

I think it's time to retire the Blackout game. Every one of these damn things has a crazy, life shortening outcome.

What a night...decent crowd, great weather and good opponent. This is such an important win to get ahead our schedule just a bit.

Proud of the team for coming back, when it was 27-7 I was thinking about the boards and the potential meltdown.

We need to be business like at NT and get ready for a war with WKU.

Speaking of fans...I brought with me one current student (who rarely comes) and 2 other young Alumni (who haven't been to a game since 2011). All three will be returning to our next game because I asked them and the experience of last night.

Proves once again that the diehards (#hardtobeatMTfan) are the programs best advocates.

He was hurt that last series. Honestly should have come out for the last couple of plays. He had no bounce left. Not sure if it was cramps or what, but he wasn't right.

True, but I was more questioning their last 2 calls. You shred us passing all over the field all night, then you end with to 50-50 balls? I heard Jaws or someone else on ESPN this week say it is the laziest call in football and he hates it. I agree. Glad they ran it and glad we stopped it.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Congratulations MTSU, you just got Holtzed! Skip's first two years at USF he was notorious for trying to sit on a big lead and watching it slip away.

Congratulations MTSU, you just got Holtzed! Skip's first two years at USF he was notorious for trying to sit on a big lead and watching it slip away.

I don't think LT sat on the lead...I think we got hot and got some huge stops - they were throwing the ball all over the place.

Reactions: THEBLUERAIDER
They aren't just "associated" with this JUCO. They can enjoy the view, looking up at us.

Haha good call. You are right; no fight in that team.

That was posted on the third quarter TD la tech scored. On that play our defense didn't look like they put much effort into stopping that pass into the end zone. At the time it looked like they just stood there and watched #5 walk into the end zone. I've watvhed that play again, too and it still irritates me how slow they were to cover him on that play, but it was a six minute drive, and they also bit on the play action. Wasn't much to do about effort looking back at it; just fatigue and they bit on the play action.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT