ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs LaTech (ASN), Blackout Game, 6PM, Saturday, September 24, 2016

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

Louisiana Tech University
Founded: 1894 Enrollment: 12,414 Undergrad 10,696 Postgrad 1,718
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Red and Blue Nickname: Bulldogs Mascot: Tech (live) Champ (costumed)

Fight song "Tech Fight"
Series:
LT leads 4-1
Stadium: Joe Aillet Stadium (28,019)
Head Coach: Skip Holtz(NotreDame,'86) Record at LaTech: 22-17 (4th) Overall: 110-88 (17th)
2015 Record: 9-4 (6-2) Bowl: New Orleans
Starters Ret./Lost: 12/13 Lettermen R/L: 44/24

Weather Forecast:
Mostly Sunny, 93°/ 20% precip SSW 6 mph

Where: Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies: All bags 14-by-14-by-10 inches and smaller will be allowed into the stadium, and every bag will be checked before patrons are allowed to enter. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Television: American Sports Network (Play-by-Play: Dave Armstrong, Color Analyst: Richard Baldinger, Sideline: None), Comcast: Channel 14/1014, DirecTV: Channel 30, Dish: Channel 30, AT&T U-verse: Channel 1030

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), (TuneIn app)

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Sidearm

Newspapers: Monroe News Star, Shreveport Times, , ,

Message Boards: La Tech Bulldog Barks & Bytes, Bleed Tech Blue, , , ,

Blogs: LaTechReport.com, Newsstar blog,

Athletic site:
latechsports.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: , Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Louisiana Tech 2016 SBNation Preview, 2016 CUSA Football Preview: Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, Louisiana Tech 2016 Sports Chat Place College Football Preview, Louisiana Tech (Orlando Sentinel #66), Middle Tennessee 2016 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #63), Middle Tennessee 2016 Season Preview

Game Notes:
LaTech game notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: LA Tech Opens C-USA Play Saturday at Middle Tennessee, Raiders to open C-USA schedule Saturday

Roster: Bulldogs, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @LATechSports, @LATechFB, @BleedTechBlue, @LaTechReport, @LATechSGA @LATechLBN @TechPanhellenic @LATechUB @IFC_LATech @LaTechBOP @LATechCheer @TechRegalBlues

Hashtags:
, #BlueRaiders, #MTvsLT, #BeatLT,

Facebook:
LatechAthletics,

Youtube:
LAtechAthletics,,

Instagram:
LATechSports,

Last edited:
I hope the Richie James, as a punt returner, experiment is over. I'm not sure which scares me more; him returning punts or clowns.

Reactions: C-Bow
At this point, I'm worried more about an injury than his ability to return punts. Andrews went down and it didn't look pretty but he was able to come back in. If we lose another WR, especially if it is Richie James, it won't be pretty.

latech

FBS RANKING OFFENSE DEFENSE
Rushing 183.0 (59th) 152.7 (71st)
Passing 347.0 (12th) 266.0 (102nd)
Overall 15th 91st

Middle Tennessee

FBS RANKING OFFENSE DEFENSE
Rushing 166.7 (75th) 209.0 (103rd)
Passing 370.7 (6th) 98.7 (4th)
Overall 13th 28th

So their defense sucks. That's good news! If the offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot too many times, we should win...

So their defense sucks. That's good news! If the offense doesn't shoot themselves in the foot too many times, we should win...

here's their schedule so far and results, I think we have to admit that is a tougher schedule than what the Raiders have face and may have the stats skewed to the extent they are.

Sep 3 @Arkansas Lost 20-21
Sep 10 South Carolina State Won 53-24
Sep 17 @Texas Tech Lost 45-59

I think its going to be a closer game than we'd like. They blew MT out at their place last year in game raining, iirc, not much different than what the Raiders played in Saturday.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
So LT played to P5 schools close. We done it many times and ended up with a losing season.

This is another 50-50 game for us. It's important we win since it's at home.

I think we play well. Here's to hoping the weather doesn't play a role.

We are 7-2 in the Blackout Uni's. Our players come out more hyped and we get more people there so the crowd should be good too. That will help. Texas Tech's D was laughable. They made us look like Bama. LaTech can't defend the pass period. The game wasn't close. Texas Tech was up by 21 and then LaTech scored a garbage TD at the end to keep it within 2 scores with no time left. They are impressive but if we continue to get better, it should be a war. If we win it, look out.

I'm hyped for it if you can't tell.

excerpt:

...The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs will travel to Floyd Stadium to take on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders this Saturday night in College Football action.

The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs fell to 1-2 (0-0 C-USA) on the season after losing a high scoring shootout against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, 59-45, this past Saturday. Louisiana Tech did a nice job of continuing to battle in this one after falling behind 35-17 at halftime, but couldn’t slow down Texas Tech’s QB, Patrick Mahomes II, who finished with 470 passing yards and 5 TD’s. Louisiana Tech was outgained by Texas Tech by a 666-572 margin and allowed the Red Raiders to complete 80% of their 3-down opportunities in the loss. Leading the way for the Bulldogs was WR Trent Taylor who had 166 yards and 2 TD’s on 7 receptions. On the season, Louisiana Tech is averaging 39.3 ppg on 530.0 total yards (347.0 passing, 183.0 rushing). Louisiana Tech is led by an outstanding receiving core that consists of Trent Taylor (8.7 rec/game, 140.7 yds/game, 5 TD) and Carlos Henderson (6.7 rec/game, 79.7 yds/game, TD). QB Ryan Higgins is completing 64.3% of his passes with 7 TD and 2 INT while averaging 360.0 passing yds/game. The Bulldogs backfield is led by Jarred Craft who has 2 TD’s on the season and is averaging 105 yards per game. Defensively, Louisiana Tech is allowing their opponents to average 34.7 ppg on 418.7 total yards per game (266.0 passing, 152.7 rushing).

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders improved to 2-1 (0-0 C-USA) on the season after they were able to go on the road and defeat the Bowling Green Falcons, 41-21, this past Saturday. Middle Tennessee, who more known for their high scoring offense, used a strong defensive 2nd half in which they held Bowing Green to zero points to help secure the victory. Middle Tennessee outgained Bowling Green by a 436-433 margin and forced the Falcons into committing 4 turnovers. Leading the way for the Blue Raiders was RB I’Tavius Mathers who had 3 TD’s and 157 rushing yards on 27 carries. On the season, Middle Tennessee is averaging 40.0 ppg on 537.3 total yards per game (370.7 passing, 166.7 rushing). The Blue Raiders offense is led by QB Brent Stockstill who has completed 65.6% of his passes for 11 TD and 3 INT while averaging 335.3 passing yds/game. I’Tavius Mathers has been outstanding in the Blue Raiders backfield as he has 4 TD’s on the season and is averaging 94.7 yds/game. Stockstill’s main threats at the WR position has been WR Richie James (9.3 rec/game, 112.7 yds/game, 3 TD), RB I’Tavius Mathers (4.3 rec/game, 62.0 yds/game, 1 TD, Patrick Smith (3.3 rec/game, 45.7 yds/game, 2 TD), and Ty Lee (4.7 rec/game, 38.7 yds/game, 2 TD). Defensively, Middle Tennessee is holding their opponents to an average of 22.7 ppg on 307.7 total yards per game (98.7 passing, 209.0 rushing).

The Bulldogs are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 road games vs. a team with a winning home record and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following a ATS loss. .The Blue Raiders are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 conference games and 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games in September.

This should be an exciting high-scoring affair on Saturday as both of these offenses really know how to put up points on the scoreboard. Louisiana Tech had a few questions coming into the season as they had to replace RB Kenneth Dixon and lost 8 starters on defense, however, the Bulldogs have shown that they can still be part of the C-USA elite as both losses have come in competitive games from power-5 conference teams, including a 21-20 loss on the road to the now 17th ranked Arkansas Razorbacks. Middle Tennessee has one of the best passers in the C-USA in Brent Stockstill and with Ole Miss transfer, RB I’Tavius Mathers averaging almost 100 yds/game on the ground, the Blue Raiders offensive will be difficult for any team to stop. This is a tough game to call, but as Middle Tennessee defense has experience in the defensive backfield in Jeremy Cutrer and Michael Minter, I think the Blue Raiders will have the edge on defense and will be able to put up enough points to cover this small home spread....

I guaran-damn-tee you the authors of the article could easily list the members of each P5 conference.

It seems the blackout games went out of style a decade ago yet we still hold on to it.
We didn't even do it until 2008. The Blackout uni's look better than our regular ones and we are 7-2 in them. I'd rocking that look until we have a losing record. The players love it and it apparently works.

Yes, BYU, UTAH, Marshall, WKU, etc. all do it. Other teams do white outs, blue outs, red outs, etc. It's called marketing and the players love the different uni options. They keep wanting to do it and get hyped for it. Sheesh, can we find something more legit to complain about?

Reactions: THEBLUERAIDER
ADVERTISEMENT