ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs #13 (FCS) Monmouth, 6PM, Saturday, September 4, 2021

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
a work in progress

Kessler_Shot.jpg

Founded: 1933 Enrollment: 6,300
Acceptance rate: 77%
Colors: Midnight Blue, White
Nickname: Hawks Mascot: Shadow The Hawk
Fight song:
Series:
First Meeting
Stadium: Kessler Capacity: 4,200
Coach: Kevin Callahan (Rochester, 1977)
Record at Monmouth: 166-125 (29th) Overall: 166-125 (29th)
2020 Record: 3-1 2020 Bowl: FCS Playoffs
Starters Ret.
23/2 Lost: Lettermen R/L: 56/5

Weather Forecast:

Where:

Stadium Policies:
All bags will be checked prior to stadium entrance. Clear bags 12" x 6" x 12" inches and smaller will be allowed into the stadium. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Television: ESPN3, Play-by-play - Jake Rose, Analyst - Jeremy Kellem, Reporter - Sara Cardona

Watch online: ESPN3

Radio:
PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5/97.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius XM TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: Asbury Park Press,

Message Boards:

Blogs/Podcasts: ,

Athletic site:
MonmouthHawks.com,

Media Guides:
Monmouth, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes:
Monmouth Game Notes , MT Game Notes, C-USA NOTES

Roster: Hawks, Blue Raiders

Depth Chart:

Game Previews:

Twitter:
@MUHawksFB, , , , @EddyOnAir, , @getmready, @steveedelsonapp

Hashtags: #FlyHawks, , , ,

Facebook:
Monmouth Athletics, MonmouthHawksFootball,

Youtube: ,

Instagram:
MUHawks

Last edited:
Why are they still doing zoom? And if he is by himself why is he wearing a mask?

Why are they still doing zoom? And if he is by himself why is he wearing a mask?
They really should have cut out that first bit before it got started, but yeah that bit had me throwing out expletives when I saw that. Maybe that was theatre intended for Tony Franklin if he tuned in.

Reactions: MTBig Blue
For as the zoom, I thought it was funny, that the only ones asking questions were the goblueraiders.com writer and the dnj sports guy. No one from Nashville tv or radio.

For as the zoom, I thought it was funny, that the only ones asking questions were the goblueraiders.com writer and the dnj sports guy. No one from Nashville tv or radio.
I don't watch the press conferences too much, but I figured that was the norm.

Today is the anniversary of McNeese State. I saw that in my Facebook memories. Just sayin'.......

Reactions: MT Glenn
Today is the anniversary of McNeese State. I saw that in my Facebook memories. Just sayin'.......

Does anyone else think the staff is pretty puckered up right now over winning this game????? 😂😂😂

Lose to Monmouth and we’ve probably heard our last Coach Stockstill Live Show for the rest of the season. 😂😂

Reactions: Blue_H
Actually, I didn't hear anything I haven't heard before in any of hundred plus coach's shows by Stockstill. It's all the same no matter the team, the record, etc.

Seriously. Why would any local Nashville media even care???

When we went D-1 in FB 20+ years ago the mid-state media did care but that was before Nashville became an "It" city with many new sports teams at about the same time that austerity hit the TV stations, talk sports became less about sports and more about entertainment, and print media took a huge hit from the internet.
While this BR fan believes MT should have much more coverage we have moved so far down the pecking order as to be almost invisible to the Nashville media, media which dominates the area we serve and where we should garner support. Lack of coverage makes it so easy for students, alumni, and even those in The Boro to not care.

When we went D-1 in FB 20+ years ago the mid-state media did care but that was before Nashville became an "It" city with many new sports teams at about the same time that austerity hit the TV stations, talk sports became less about sports and more about entertainment, and print media took a huge hit from the internet.
While this BR fan believes MT should have much more coverage we have moved so far down the pecking order as to be almost invisible to the Nashville media, media which dominates the area we serve and where we should garner support. Lack of coverage makes it so easy for students, alumni, and even those in The Boro to not care.
lack of wins as well, no excitement is why people don't care. trust me if they were beating P%5 teams and ranked in the nation, Nashville would be down here.

Reactions: MTLynn
Hell, the DNJ has stopped even having a MT beat writer. MT sports is just another thing for it's one sports guy to cover.

Like the willingness to try something new. Although I’m not sure it makes a HUGE difference. Seems like two completely different target markets (COULD be wrong here).

Reactions: mtfblue
The Boro should have it's own 30 minute newscast. There are a lot of stories not reported has it gets buried under Nashville news. Setup a studio at MTSU, let students operate it at and air online and some local channel. I'm sure there are enough local businesses to secure sponsorship and ads.

Like the willingness to try something new. Although I’m not sure it makes a HUGE difference. Seems like two completely different target markets (COULD be wrong here).

I'm with you. Finally an outside the box approach. I like it. Not sure how difficult it would be with covid restrictions, but book a couple jam bands for Saturday, print a bunch of tye dye shirts, and market it as Bonnaroo lite. Call it "Boro-Roo". Gives RIM students an opportunity. Or, maybe I'm the only person who digs Widespread Panic and MT football...

Everyone that was heading to Bonnaroo shows up to Floyd and we're sold out. The rest of the 80,000 Bonnaroo ticket holders turn it into a party around the stadium. Could it be an unbelievable, surreal, almost divine we can't lose, pivotal moment that could change the direction of MT athletics or at least football?!? Annnnnnd Monmouth runs the opening kickoff back and MT loses in a noncompetitive contest in front of a sellout crowd to an FCS team. Cue the Price is Right losing horn.

BTW, MT won't be the only coaching staff with head coach and son of head coach on the staff.

Monmouth WR coach is junior, Kevin Callahan, Junior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT