ADVERTISEMENT

Middle Tennessee volleyball releases 2014 schedule

The article, in discussing next year makes no mention of the shortened bench after several of the players transferred. Only nine players listed on the roster although we carried 14 (no seniors) last year. The only archived article on signing a player was back in Nov. when a LoVondria Covington was signed. She does not appear on the roster - don't know what that means. Even if this players shows up we will still not have enough players to scrimmage and it appears Peck expected a roster of 16 or 17.

A quote from the Nov. GoBlueRaiders.com article: "Coach Peck anticipates adding "one or two more players" for the fall of 2014, joining the full roster of 14 Blue Raiders returning from the 2013 squad."

It's hard to believe we lost a member of the all-freshman C-USA team and a 1st team all-league player (So.), have a severely shortened bench, and still nothing from the media on what's happening to our VB team.

Originally posted by MTFNBY5:
The article, in discussing next year makes no mention of the shortened bench after several of the players transferred. Only nine players listed on the roster although we carried 14 (no seniors) last year. ......
that kind of information is not going to be on goblueraiders.com

Agreed, I should have stated it better. I don't expect anything but promotion and a positive spin on the athletic dept. website, nor should I.

Investigative journalism and the discussion of problems within the athletic dept. are the responsibility, IMHO, of the media. A huge problem is that with our limited fan base involvement and the very few media outlets covering the Blue Raiders it seems as if the media we do have doesn't want to bring up negatives. The media we have seems to be afraid of ruffling feathers if they do anything but shill for the program.

I do think it's important when we have programs which seem on the cusp of national prominence (VB being one along with men's Golf) and their performance obviously regresses we, as fans, should demand answers. If we had a larger fan base we would have a better chance of having the issue addressed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT