ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee at Marshall, 6PM, Thursday, January 27, 2022

MGM lists us catching 2.5. Moneyline at +125.

Marshall has dropped 9 in a row. Would like to see us take that next step and get a road win against a team that is struggling right now.

Better shot selection for the most part.. got a little impatient towards the end of the half and jacked a few too quickly.. defense has been lazy IMO- opportunistic but not tough.. MT will need to step up to start this 2nd half and impose their will if they want to take advantage of a mediocre Herd squad on the road..

Only saw the last 5 minutes but what a gutsy effort. Trailed most of the second half and could have been easy for Marshall to put us away there at the end. Team fought back and took the lead when it mattered, right before the game ended.

Shot a little better from 3 (35%) but still not great, however; we still managed to pour in 81 points. This team has some pretty good players around the rim. Lenard, Weston, and Dishman all seem to have great ability to score near the basket.

I thought it was a hard fought win. I know Marshall is winless in conference, but they played well tonight. We hung in there and didn’t take too many stupid 3’s. Overall I liked what I saw tonight. Weston still drives me crazy sometimes. Like the Brett Favre of college basketball. Gunslinger mentality leads to interceptions, but also brilliance.

Reactions: Hop45
Nice win tonight. Marshall played alot better than they have the last couple of weeks. They had not been hitting threes like they did tonight. Way to pull it out at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT