ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (7-1) @ Murray State (6-1), ESPN+, 7PM, Saturday, December 4, 2021

Refs definitely missed some calls. Overall I’m not super upset about the result. We got beat by a better team but the guys never gave up. Seems like even in the losses the effort is still there. We need some better shooting but overall I think we will have a solid season in conference.

If they had not been so sloppy they might have won.
Good effort, Blue Raiders. Definitely improved. However, games like Murray State tell us that we aren't contenders for championships in C-USA yet. Clean up the turnovers and a little better shot selections and this game could have been in the win column. It was there for the taking!

Well, I was done and tuned back in. :) I gotta give this team some respect. They fought their tails off to get back in it. We were down by 17 at one point so to lose by 6 to a physically better team impressed me. I'd always rather win but I like the grit this team has. We need a real big man. That would help us out a lot.

Well, I was done and tuned back in. :) I gotta give this team some respect. They fought their tails off to get back in it. We were down by 17 at one point so to lose by 6 to a physically better team impressed me. I'd always rather win but I like the grit this team has. We need a real big man. That would help us out a lot.
Not saying Coleman-Jones would be the answer, but he sure as hell wouldn’t hurt. With how close this team appears to be, the two players we don’t have could really make a difference.

Reactions: ewglenn
Only caught a few glimpses of the game here and there. Saw Murray go up by 13+ and thought that's that and never checked the game again. Nice to see the guys battled back but frustrating we weren't able to maintain our defensive identity on the road. Just glancing at the box score, it seems a little suspect to me that Murray earned 35 trips to the line to our 10. Any time I see a greater than 3:1 ratio in favor of one team I really have to wonder if the game's being called fairly. Maybe someone who watched more can speak on this.

We've played three pretty good teams this year and two of them had their way with us offensively. Considering our own offensive struggles, that is concerning to me. We did put the ball in the basket tonight but I think we can all agree this team is probably a ways a way from shooting like that consistently.

Need to win at least 1 of these next 2 with Ole Miss and UTM. Absolutely cannot afford to go 0-3 on this road stretch.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Need to win at least 1 of these next 2 with Ole Miss and UTM. Absolutely cannot afford to go 0-3 on this road stretch.
Kermit’s guys whacked Memphis yesterday in Oxford. Near the end of the game, Ole Miss played “Whoop That Trick” on the PA system. The Memphis folks in attendance were not pleased. 😂😂😂

Only caught a few glimpses of the game here and there. Saw Murray go up by 13+ and thought that's that and never checked the game again. Nice to see the guys battled back but frustrating we weren't able to maintain our defensive identity on the road. Just glancing at the box score, it seems a little suspect to me that Murray earned 35 trips to the line to our 10. Any time I see a greater than 3:1 ratio in favor of one team I really have to wonder if the game's being called fairly. Maybe someone who watched more can speak on this.

We've played three pretty good teams this year and two of them had their way with us offensively. Considering our own offensive struggles, that is concerning to me. We did put the ball in the basket tonight but I think we can all agree this team is probably a ways a way from shooting like that consistently.

The refs were obviously not calling it fairly. I think that’s one we can all agree on.

The refs were obviously not calling it fairly. I think that’s one we can all agree on.
Nothing that was a 50-50 call was going MT's way.. Racers were more aggressive and that should've resulted in more calls plus playing behind and MT fouling late stretched the stats as well.. but they were some home cookin' calls for sure...

Aside from that it was a winnable game even despite numerous self-inflicted wounds- MT as many young teams allowed Murray to pick the pace- most teams won't want to go up and down the court with the Raiders but a team like Murray is built for that pace and their guards were better overall despite the monster game by Jefferson - Sims was assertive as well.. the Racers had some bigger bodies to throw at MT as will some others in the upcoming schedule- these young posts need to find the weight room and a 3500+ kcal diet if they can't stretch the floor and make outside shots.

The live ball TO's and not taking advantage of the Racer's overplaying the passing lanes was still the difference in this one. Most of it was self-inflicted and was in that opening half- the players adjusted some in the 2nd half..

These guys can continue to learn from this game like Fussell- he played soft on a couple perimeter swing passes, failed to either pin Williams or meet the pass and the result was he watched this game after a short spell and Turner got his playing time.. Sims at some point will stop jumping in the air to pass the ball- right? I mean 6-year guys have to be able to adapt eventually.. Dish needs to meet the aggressiveness of the other teams BIG from the start- the first overplay TO resulted in a 2-handed flush- Williams set a tone that was mostly unanswered.. hopefully they will respond to this setback and take care of business on the road at UTM

I have to say it’s been great to see the improvement this year with the team. When they went down big in the second half I was expecting an ugly blowout loss but the team didn’t quit and almost came back to win. I have optimism for them this year.

Reactions: MTsumner92
BTW, Murray State beat Memphis last night @ Memphis.

Had the game on, mostly as back ground noise. Murray led for majority of 1st half, but memphis put on a burst to lead by 14 at half, I switched to something else at half and never got back to it.

Murray State won. 74-72, on 14 of 29 3FGs.

BTW, Murray State beat Memphis last night @ Memphis.

Had the game on, mostly as back ground noise. Murray led for majority of 1st half, but memphis put on a burst to lead by 14 at half, I switched to something else at half and never got back to it.

Murray State won. 74-72, on 14 of 29 3FGs.
Murray came out on fire in the 2nd half and retook the lead. Their two guards shot lights out from 3-pt. range and Memphis never recovered from the letdown. Penny Hardaway is getting blasted. 4 losses in a row with #9 Alabama up next at home and #13 UTK at Bridgestone next Sat. I’m gonna go watch it.

Last edited:
Murray St plays at Belmont on Saturday 1/15/22. The ticket cost ranges from $10-$15. This is definitely a must see game for me. Those two teams are gonna have a 3-point shot-fest. Threes will be raining all night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT