ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (6-1, 14-5) vs UTSA (3-4, 10-10) (Stadium/FB), 6:30PM, Thursday, January 25, 2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
UTSA
Series: MT leads 4-1
Founded: 1969 Enrollment: 28,959 Colors: Navy Blue, Orange & White Nickname: Roadrunners Facility: Convocation Center (2,650)
Head Coach: Steve Henson Kansas State, 1990
UTSA Record: 14-19 (1 season) Overall Record: Same
2016-17 Record: 14-19, 8-10 (9th C-USA) 2017 Postseason: None
Starters R/L: 3/2 Lettermen R/L: 8/6 Newcomers: 7

GAME INFORMATION
[Game Notes]

Hashtag: #TrueBlue, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: @MT_MBB
Instagram: MT_MBB
Facebook: MTSUMBB

Date: Thursday, January 25th
Time: 6:30 PM. CT
Match-up: Middle Tennessee (14-5, 6-1) vs. UTSA (10-10, 3-4)

Live Video | Live Stats

TV: STADIUM Talent: Ron Thulin, Tim Scarborough, Shae Peppler

RADIO: 94.9 FM/TUNEIN

WATCH

LISTEN

LIVE STATS

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The UT-San Antonio Roadrunners will travel to the Murphy Athletic Center to take on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders this Thursday night in College Basketball action.

The UT-San Antonio Roadrunners snapped their 3-game losing streak and improved to 10-10 (3-4 C-USA) on the season after defeating the UTEP Miners, 65-61, this past Saturday. UT-San Antonio was outstanding defensively in the 2nd half and was able to fight for the come from behind victory after holding UTEP to just 19 2nd half points. UT-San Antonio held UTEP to 26.7% (8-30) shooting from beyond the arc and outrebounded the Miners by a 43-32 margin in the victory. Leading the way for the Roadrunners was Keaton Wallace who had 20 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 blocks. On the season, UT-San Antonio is averaging 82.7 ppg on 43.9% shooting from the field. The Roadrunners are averaging 10.3 three-pointers per game on 35.1% shooting from beyond the arc. Offensviely, UT-San Antonio has been led by Jhivvan Jackson (18.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.2 spg), Keaton Wallace (12.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.4 apg), Deon Lyle (9.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg), and Nick Allen (8.9 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.1 apg). Defensively, UT-San Antonio is allowing their opponents to average 76.9 ppg on 41.4% shooting from the field. The Roadrunners have a rebound margin of 2.2 and a turnover margin of 0.7.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders improved to 14-5 (6-1 C-USA) on the season after defeating the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers, 66-62, this past Saturday. Middle Tennessee went into halftime with a 29-22 lead and was able to hold off a late Hilltoppers charge to secure the important road victory. Middle Tennessee shot 44.4% from the field and forced Western Kentucky into committing 15 turnovers in the win. Leading the way for the Blue Raiders was Nick King who had 28 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, and a block. On the season, Middle Tennessee is averaging 73.3 ppg on 45.1% shooting from the field. The Blue Raiders are averaging 6.1 three-pointers per game on 33.2% shooting from beyond the arc. Offensively, Middle Tennessee has been led by Nick King (21.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 2.1 apg), Giddy Potts (13.4 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.7 spg), Brandon Walters (10.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.1 bpg), and Antwain Johnson (8.0 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.4 apg). Defensively, Middle Tennessee is holding their opponents to an average of 66.4 ppg on 43.2% shooting from the field. The Blue Raiders have a rebound margin of 4.9 and a turnover margin of 1.3.

The Roadrunners are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600 and 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record. The Blue Raiders are 45-16-2 ATS in their last 63 home games vs. a team with a losing road record and 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs. C-USA opponents.

UT-San Antonio has lost 4 of their last 6 games and although they do have a decent offense that ranks 29th in scoring offense and 21st in three-pointers per game, the Roadrunners have struggled a bit defensively as they rank 287th in scoring defense. Middle Tennessee has won 6 of their last 7 games and has been led by their defense that ranks 50th in scoring defense and 56th in rebound margin. Middle Tennessee has been great at home, however, they seem to struggle the most against teams that keep the pace up and score the basketball in which the Roadrunners will do...

Stadium...

Looking up sports/NCAAB and then to upcoming games I am able to see on my comcast/xfinity MT vs UTSA as an upcoming game that will be on Stadium (228) however if I use my Guide button on my remote and scroll through to tomorrow night, the scheduled programming is not MT/UTSA. Be prepared to go to facebook, just in case...

Last edited:
Watching an episode of Campus Insiders on Stadium TV and they just stated that MT UTSA will be EXCLUSIVELY on Facebook...FWIW

King with another good night. I wonder when we'll start seeing King's name come up for mock NBA drafts. I think he can be a 2nd round pick, maybe early 1st if we explode in NCAA tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT