ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-6, 3-4) vs ODU (5-6, 3-4)(ESPN3), 2PM, Saturday, November 25, 2017

I'm supporting the program and will be for life! I'm of the belief that if you don't support the brand and constantly bash the program you are the problem and suck!

Do you have basketball tickets Wiley? What more could you ask for the last two years? Your just full of it and like to hear yourself talk.

Also big stocks beard kicks ass, that thing alone should have you pumped about the future!

Wiley your a betting man right?

If MT does not win a bowl game I'll pull all my funding, next year which is "huge"!!!

If they win you donate 100 bucks to BRAA and apologize for you misguided outlook on the program to the entire board with hand written notes to the team, Ad, and head coach.

I'm supporting the program and will be for life! I'm of the belief that if you don't support the brand and constantly bash the program you are the problem and suck!

Do you have basketball tickets Wiley? What more could you ask for the last two years? Your just full of it and like to hear yourself talk.

Also big stocks beard kicks ass, that thing alone should have you pumped about the future!

If we all looked, thought and acted alike the world would be a pretty dull place. Carry on!

I agree with Wylie. It took me a while but he finally convinced me.

It sucks. It's not a nice thing to do, and I don't feel particularly good about it. I've been a big fan of the team since I came a student in 2003. Some of the best memories of my life have been at MT football games.

But sometimes you've gotta institute a tough love policy towards something if you truly care about it, and that's where I'm at with the football program. I'd love nothing more than for Stockstill and the team to go 13-0 next year and prove me all wrong about this staff, but I don't see that happening. I will not buy football season tickets until the current regime wins the East division or we hire a new head coach. Hell, I'm not even asking for a CUSA championship at this point.....I'll take an East division crown.

Last edited:

With regards to b-ball, I've never been emotionally invested in it or cared as much as football. Basketball was always just a nice "rebound" (no pun intended) to associate with after every football season ended in disappointment (Except maybe 06 & 09, which were fun despite the Troy debacles both years...).

Stock's beard is a welcoming sign because it does show he is actually capable "change" in some capacity. If only he could change his approach to coaching football (in particular being more aggressive with his offense to win games), we might be ok.

We would have beaten WKU last year if we went for it on 4th down and ended the game (We needed 2 yards, our RB's were averaging 6 yards per carry.....you do the math), and we would have at least given our self a chance last week if we went for it after the second OT to end the game (WKU had scored TD's on 3 straight drives, we weren't going to stop them and we were losing key players to injuries so we weren't going to be able to keep up....how do you not go for 2???).

I was in a shock that we didn't go for 2 after losing Thomas. It was plainly obvious we weren't going to be able to keep up after losing Thomas (and I heard Lee was dinged up too). This was evidenced in the 3rd OT as we came out and went 3 and out, missed FG, and lost the game.

Stock rationalized his decision as "playing the percentages" in post-game interview, but dude, those percentages don't take into account you losing your starting RB and the fact that your defense can't stop the opposing offense. You can't just "play the percentages"...You've gotta look at the big picture and make an informed decision....

If we win a bowl game will this be the second most successful season for MT in the D 1 era?

You're actually making the argument for me. How pathetic would it be that a 7-6 team with a bowl win (and said bowl win is gonna have to be against a pretty bad team if we are gonna win) is one of our best accomplishments since entering D1 football?

It sucks. It's not a nice thing to do, and I don't feel particularly good about it. I've been a big fan of the team since I came a student in 2003. Some of the best memories of my life have been at MT football games.

But sometimes you've gotta institute a tough love policy towards something if you truly care about it, and that's where I'm at with the football program. I'd love nothing more for than Stockstill and the team to go 13-0 next year and prove me all wrong about this staff, but I don't see that happening. I will not buy football season tickets until the current regime wins the East division or we hire a new head coach. Hell, I'm not even asking for a CUSA championship at this point.....I'll take an East division crown.
We enrolled the same year. I started grad school in August of ‘03.

Wiley your a betting man right?

If MT does not win a bowl game I'll pull all my funding, next year which is "huge"!!!

If they win you donate 100 bucks to BRAA and apologize for you misguided outlook on the program to the entire board with hand written notes to the team, Ad, and head coach.

I will take the bet if the opponent is from any other conference besides the Sun Belt.

We enrolled the same year. I started grad school in August of ‘03.

So was the 03 Florida Atlantic home opener your first Blue Raider football game too? It was a great game to set the tone for what was to follow.......

My point is this WILL BE the second best season for MT football ever. We are who we are. Either get on the bus or go follow something else, constant complying is just annoying and counter productive to the programs goals. See chicken / egg. Get happy, strap in, and enjoy the ride. It will make success that much sweeter.

We do have the worst fans in football. Dillusional, self hating losers and old blue hair energy suckers. Only bright spot are the tailgaters and partyers that rock Greenland lot and the kids in grove every home game!

Don't know you but...

1) do you tell people "down in front" when they are standing cheering on the team because you want to sit?

2) do you scowl at fans who cheer loudly during the game?

3) do you scowl at fans who pull whiskey out of their boot to make an adult beverage during the game?

4) do you have blue hair?

More than one yes than ya your one of the energy suckers.

Because of the "infirmities of old age" I must admit I would like to do #1 occasionally but I try to just look around them or at the jumbotron. Never would do #2 or #3, only smile.
As for #4, does grey count?

Don't know you but...

1) do you tell people "down in front" when they are standing cheering on the team because you want to sit?

2) do you scowl at fans who cheer loudly during the game?

3) do you scowl at fans who pull whiskey out of their boot to make an adult beverage during the game?

4) do you have blue hair?

More than one yes than ya your one of the energy suckers.
Yes, I’m nearly 60. But it’s also just as easy to profile and identify a young smartass in here as well. If the shoe fits.

Ha , rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass!

Pipe down Franklin! I was referring to fans that go to the games, even though they are the "worst" they are still better than your bitching moaning non attending ass.

Surprised this admin even wants a bowl game. They'll be lucky to sell 100 tickets with our current state of affairs.

Don't know about you guys, but I love ODU +12 this weekend. I can see them winning the game. They are a very physical team.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
They are read option and we play ok against that sort of thing. It's the gunslinging QB's that throw for 400 yards we have problems with. They nearly lost to Rice for Pete's sake. I think we will handle them.

ODU has won three in a row. The biggest difference is turnover margin. Their first 8 games they were turning it over like MT, the last 3 they are +5.

Like most games its more about us; we protect the ball and play discipline D, I think we win by 12. I think the second issue is at RB, if Johnson can't go, we will need others to step us (guys that haven't stepped up yet).

The weather will be nice on Saturday, looking forward to the game.

Reactions: DABLUERAIDERS
Apparently, Lane Kiffin ain’t impressed. Check out where he ranks the ODU / MT matchup in his world. Hard to argue with him when he runs through CUSA in his first year like Ghengis Khan and his Mongol horde.

That image just indicates the order played on fau's schedule with Charlotte being the last game played in their regular season. Fake narrative. Weak.

Reactions: RandallThomason
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT