ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MIDDLE TENNESSEE (5-3; 4-1) vs WKU (1-7; 0-4)(CBSSN)/Salute to Armed Forces, 7PM, Friday, 11/2/18

This is such an important game for Brent's legacy. Because he is arguably the best QB in school history. (Statistically he is.) Never beat Western, never beat Vandy, never won the conference. Needs this one big time for his place on the mantle. This is the most dangerous game of the season for us. We should roll them. Western is horrible. This is the worst Western team I have seen since their move up. They have been an easy mark to bet against this season and its all on us if we lose this game. I don't think we will because Western is just too bad. No one will remember we were -14, (I will, ever the pessimist) if Brent wins this one though.

Tonight is pretty now or never
This is such an important game for Brent's legacy. Because he is arguably the best QB in school history. (Statistically he is.) Never beat Western, never beat Vandy, never won the conference. Needs this one big time for his place on the mantle. This is the most dangerous game of the season for us. We should roll them. Western is horrible. This is the worst Western team I have seen since their move up. They have been an easy mark to bet against this season and its all on us if we lose this game. I don't think we will because Western is just too bad. No one will remember we were -14, (I will, ever the pessimist) if Brent wins this one though.

Tonight is now or never for the Stockstill family legacy. We must win now, for it may be several more years before we are in this favorable spot again. A win helps us keep pace (and maybe climb into a tie if FAU wins the Shula Bowl). A loss ends our championship hopes and we play for bowl eligibility rest of the year.

This is as good of a setup as it ever gets with television and spirited feel. Western is never easy. They are an OVC and Sun Belt nemesis, meeting first in 1914 and our MT Normal School Days. That should speak for itself in respecting the opponent, because they will win if we come out flat. They have motivation, as this is their defacto bowl game to salvage their 1-7 season. Years ago, a very bad MT team in the early years of Boots defeated Tenn. Tech for our only win for a 1-9 season (think it was 1980, IIRC). Think Tech had Don Wade as coach that year and were contenders for OVC until that loss.

Very guarded about tonight. No predictions. Feel it may be closer than we think. Hoping for a complete 4 quarter, hard nosed Blue Raider victory that the alumni can be proud.... Be Loud. Be Proud. And be BLUE!

Last edited:
Reactions: MTOleBlue
Dobson is the fastest player on the field. Like that we are finding ways to get him the ball. Need to find more ways to get him the ball in space

Enjoying the game so far. Our defense is legit. Helps that echols is terrible. Dobson has really bailed us out on some key plays. Brent seems off from my perspective. Maybe he will have a better second half

Enjoying the game so far. Our defense is legit. Helps that echols is terrible. Dobson has really bailed us out on some key plays. Brent seems off from my perspective. Maybe he will have a better second half

Brent was only 5 of 11 on passes across the line of scrimmage in the first half. He does seem off but the play calling hades kept the chains moving.

Easy game. Horrible coaching again rears it’s head. Western is bad it doesn’t matter. That drive at end of half horrible clock management and Brent getting hurt again both on coaching staff.

Easy game. Horrible coaching again rears it’s head. Western is bad it doesn’t matter. That drive at end of half horrible clock management and Brent getting hurt again both on coaching staff.

Back away. We are up 23-3. We are playing well.

Dude. You do realize they just ran Brent on a meaningless play and he got hurt again. You would like to beat UAB right?

Sometimes I wish we had these inferior teams at the beginning of the season. Impossible to predict, I know.

Running game looks good. Much better

We need to utilize Dobson in every way possible! I don't know why we don't just send him long and throw it up to him. I think there are very few guys in this conference that could keep up with him.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
Props to the FG team, while I hate we didn't score TDs, Holt has to have his confidence boosted...we may need to hit a FG when it matters to beat UAB.

Also, in general, we are winning with a team that doesn't seem to fit together offensively...props to the coaches putting together game plans to get it done.

Anyone else enjoying reading WKU message boards? How the mighty have fallen...... too bad they will finally get us in basketball this year.

I'm hyper-critical of this staff just about every week but any win over WKU is a good win, so good job.

I didn't see the game due to being out of the country, but reading recaps - that defense!

Good to see Dobson making an impact. We sign all these guys with accolades and expect them to be on the field, and we usually get walk-on and guys I've never heard of. Where's Joc Bruce? We've got to have playmakers. Maybe we'll see more of Dobson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT