BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (3-4) vs. Belmont (4-3), 7:30PM, Saturday, November 30, 2019

Discussion in 'The Raider Roundup' started by SpaceRaider, Nov 30, 2019.

1. kingaling42

kingaling42 Blue Raider
    Expand Collapse

Having a few seniors and junior in a new system for just one year isn’t the same as the support that any of those UNCA transfers had.. you missed the point as usual.. at least you’re now giving Jackson some props..

2. crposton

crposton True Blue
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Reggie Upshaw
    Freshman: 6.4 pts, 3.5 rebs, 1.2 asts, 0.5 blks.
    Sophomore: 9.9 pts, 7 rebs, 1.6 asts, 1 blks.

Jayce Johnson:
    Freshman: 6.5 pts, 4.9 rebs, 2.0 asts, 0.3 blks.
    Sophomore: 11.2 pts, 5.6 rebs, 2.6 asts, 0.2 blks.

I am not saying Jayce is as good as Reggie. All I am saying is he is playing fairly well and he plays with toughness that this team needs. Reggie also did not have much of an outside shot at first and he sure missed a lot of free throws too. Jayce reminds me a lot of Perrin Buford as well and we do not know how he was as a freshman and sophomore as he was a Juco transfer.

3. MTFNBY5

MTFNBY5 Hall of Famer
    Expand Collapse

Some on the board must be forgetting that 18 months ago Johnson was an aspiring D-3 FB QB who somehow found his way to the MT BkB program. Anyone (well, maybe not anyone) who can't see his improvement is blind.
    His toughness is unquestioned and with continued improvement who knows how good he can become. He may never be a Upshaw, he may never be all-conference, but he surely can be a major contributor on a good BkB team.

4. SpaceRaider

SpaceRaider Moderator
    Expand Collapse

Johnson has become one of my favorite players on the squad because he provides a lot of energy and is not afraid of being physical. Maybe he will develop his outside shot later, but we already have people launching outside shots, we need his slashing and dirty work inside.