ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ #25 Miami (FL), (ACCNetwork), 2:30PM, Saturday, September 24, 2022

We were saying the same thing with TSU and smoked them. Maybe this team is different. What I would give to get another crack at JMU.
JMU just punched App State in the chops, so maybe they're decent.

The story of the program under Stockstill is squandered opportunity and one step forward, one step backwards.

I feel like we took a big step forward yesterday, but yesterday is over. It won't matter one bit what happened yesterday if we flop on Friday.

Hope folks turn out for Friday's Blackout game against UTSA. It certainly seems like there is a lot of student energy on campus now. It has been years since I actually went to an MT football game (pre-COVID, I think) but that will change this week.

65419033.jpg

"MTSU is now 3-0 all-time against Miami, with the other wins coming in 1931 and 1932. The Hurricanes never held the lead in any of those games."

I paraphrase a Miami fan’s comment on FB “that Manny teed this up for Stock with a depleted roster for Christobal and that Christobal just stayed true to doing what Christobal does……lose to Rick Stockstill.” I think Predarat saw this game as Wiley would say…. “easy money”. Congrats to all. Team, Coaches, Fans and Predarat. 😂😂

In sports, you see this all the time: a higher rated, or equal, team plays conservatively. They are so passive that the opponent wins the match if they play aggressively.

Rick's “play not to lose” style has crippled the Blue Raiders for the better part of 17 years. It's refreshing to see aggressive ball.

Frustrating nobody wants to give MT any credit. All the talk is about how bad Miami is. I'll agree they are clearly not a top 25 team or even a top 50 team. But it's Miami with a roster stocked full of 4 star players, big money boosters, high paid coaching staff, and one of the richest histories in college football.

This wasn't a fluke. We beat them wire-to-wire and we were the better team in every phase of the game except special teams. We were stronger, faster, tougher, mentally sharper, and just better. We controlled the LOS. We had the better QB. Our WR's won their match up's and made huge plays. Our RB's ran down hill and won on contact.

Hopefully this team doesn't rest on it's accomplishments and continues to play with a chip on their shoulder. I could easily see us losing the next 4 games if the team doesn't play with the swagger and intensity it has the last 3 weeks.

Good article. Remember, Kansas QB Jaylon Daniels was once a MT commit! Tony Franklin was pretty good at identifying those west coast signal callers. He also brought Chance Nolan here but we all know the story there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT