ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-3, 0-1) vs FIU (3-1, 2-0)(Homecoming)(TV: ESPN3), 2PM, Saturday, October 7, 2017

This fan base is tiresome. A bunch of whiners. I think I’m gonna check out for a while. Good luck
The same people who are whining about Stockstill are the same people who were whining about Kermit.

ONly first half. Had a great day, so I really don't care. Thanks for your concern.

Come on Wiley - can you not share some praise on our play against FIU? Can you not give the coaches credit for finding a LB and turning him into a wildcat QB. Can you not give Uruza credit for playing a clean game? Or in the least, say great bounce back by the D.

This broad brush statement is simply not true.

I think its a bit too broad...I was ready for CKD to go but I never stopped buying season tickets and going and happily ate crow when he turned it around...I am as frustrated by Stock, but never stopped supporting or going - MT is my school, my team. However, if Stock turns is around I don't think you all that have checked out will praise him, this seems more personal.

I think its a bit too broad...I was ready for CKD to go but I never stopped buying season tickets and going and happily ate crow when he turned it around...I am as frustrated by Stock, but never stopped supporting or going - MT is my school, my team. However, if Stock turns is around I don't think you all that have checked out will praise him, this seems more personal.
That's a big "if". We've been waiting since 2009 for Stock to take it to the next level. Thanks to CM, he now has zero incentive to do so.

Reactions: VARaider84
I still go to the games, but I'm in that group that's lost confidence in Stock's ability to get us any further. However, it's hard to find anything to complain about yesterday's game. Defense was great and moving a linebacker to the wildcat was definitely more imagination than I've come to expect.

Reactions: MarJac23
I still go to the games, but I'm in that group that's lost confidence in Stock's ability to get us any further. However, it's hard to find anything to complain about yesterday's game. Defense was great and moving a linebacker to the wildcat was definitely more imagination than I've come to expect.

This is where I am...plus, its a big event with friends that only happens 5-6 times per year. I will still go, its still fun, I had a great time yesterday.

That's a big "if". We've been waiting since 2009 for Stock to take it to the next level. Thanks to CM, he now has zero incentive to do so.

This is where we disagree, your position is Stock is just cashing checks and doesn't want to win - this is the wrong read.

This is where we disagree, your position is Stock is just cashing checks and doesn't want to win - this is the wrong read.
No coach likes to lose. That's not the point. My problem is with that albatross of a contract. There is no longer a sense of urgency like there is in Knoxville, Fayetteville or College Station. Do we have a booster(s) who can (or will) step up and pay him $5-6 million if a change needs to be made? How long does he get for zero CUSA titles or going winless in bowl games since '09? These are valid concerns.

This has been a tough season. I've never seen as many injuries to key personnel as I have seen this season. I'm not gonna blame Stock for that necessarily. I do blame TF for getting Stock and Richie hurt. It was completely unnecessary to run them up the middle especially when Brent just had surgery not 6 months ago.

However, I thought Stock did some great things yesterday. The Tavarus Thomas move was brilliant and putting TF up in the box was great too. Using our TE was awesome and I loved seeing that big #85 out there blocking for the RB's. No turnovers and being +2 was a huge step forward as well. This game plan and thought could have been useful last week vs. FAU. However, we also got Brady and Minter back yesterday as well. We didn't have them vs. FAU. Also, FAU is legit. They tore ODU up yesterday. It wasn't even close. FAU could win the east at this point.

If we can beat UAB this week, I think we can and will have a decent season. Marshall and WKU showed that they were human yesterday and LaTech took a big step backwards too. UAB will be tough and hopefully, we will keep TF up in the dang box because the play calls yesterday were so much better than they have been lately.

I'm pleased with our defense and no turnovers but geez, it's FIU.

Yeah, and many thought that game was a toss up yesterday. It was nice to see us win one the way we were supposed to. I think folks on here are more relieved than anything. :)

For a Homecoming game, will say it was pleasant. Uruza played a clean game. Tackling was generally better. Kicking game was on target. There were a few plays where defense wasn't that crisp, but 37-17 outcome against a conference foe is hard to complain. As a bonus, will say it was great to witness my 25th homecoming as alumnus with presentable weather (humid). Main negative from yesterday is wish Murfreesboro were more engaged; this team deserved a few more in the stands than the listed 15,527. And, Lightening's Locker Room even had a good sale!

We have several things still to fix to make a serious conference championship run. As of today, our goal is still alive for the possibly of an outright championship (do need a little help). But, first things first: defeat the University of Alabama (of Birmingham) on Saturday. One game at a time...Blue Raiders Ride!!

Reactions: C-Bow
Miami Herald:
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/c...nternational-university/article177688931.html
FIU falls to host Middle Tennessee

...Despite having one of its best starts in school history, FIU was humbled by shorthanded Middle Tennessee 37-17 at Red Floyd Stadium on Saturday.

“They’ve had a chance to build and grown and have had their process over eight, 10, 12 years,” FIU first-year coach Butch Davis said. “It’s very evident that they just plug in guys.”

From the start, FIU (3-2, 2-1 Conference USA) couldn’t capitalize on a Middle Tennessee (3-3, 1-1) offense without its top two players.

The Panthers gave up 426 total yards as Middle Tennessee had enough depth to put together four extended scoring drives of nine plays or more.....

No coach likes to lose. That's not the point. My problem is with that albatross of a contract. There is no longer a sense of urgency like there is in Knoxville, Fayetteville or College Station. Do we have a booster(s) who can (or will) step up and pay him $5-6 million if a change needs to be made? How long does he get for zero CUSA titles or going winless in bowl games since '09? These are valid concerns.

Of course it’s valid. Maybe you should take it up with the AD. Or, you and a group of friends can start raising money for a buyout.

Right now, all of our goals are still attainable. We were 3-3 in 2009 and finished strong.

Of course it’s valid. Maybe you should take it up with the AD. Or, you and a group of friends can start raising money for a buyout.

Right now, all of our goals are still attainable. We were 3-3 in 2009 and finished strong.
He asked for but didn't listen to my opinion when he approved the West hire and the BRAA replacement for Farley. Why should I offer to help do his job raising money to clean up an 8-year contract he agreed to?
True story. UTEP game 2013, we're 7-4 and playing for a decent bowl game. I'm sitting in my outdoor stadium club seats and look over next to me. One of our new BOT members is sitting there looking at the empty seats all around the stadium. It's literally just him, me and of couple of former Blue Raider players and their families sitting in our section. That's it. If the AD and Head Coach can't generate enough excitement to fill a 28,000 seat stadium on Senior Day of a 7-4 season then we have MUCH bigger problems than just a few disgruntled messageboard members.

Shoot me.

Last edited:
Reactions: VARaider84
He asked for but didn't listen to my opinion when he approved the West hire and the BRAA replacement for Farley. Why should I offer to help do his job raising money to clean up an 8-year contract he agreed to?

In reality, AD doesn't give a damn about the fans opinions as long as there are people in the stands and money being donated. Start cutting that off and things will change.

This is not gonna end well. Players publicly questioning Massaro's attendance numbers on Twitter LMAO! And then he really dropped a bomb on a couple of diehards.

Last edited:
This is not gonna end well. Players publicly questioning Massaro's attendance numbers on Twitter LMAO! And then he really dropped a bomb on a couple of diehards.

You should be happy. This reenforces your personal position.

That pic is out of context. While it was a small crowd there were better times to take that pic. Many still coming into the game.

Well the fans showed up and the players, coaches, etc. didn't in the first game of the season, continuing the tradition of not showing up in front of decent crowds. They should not be surprised when no one is there for f_u. Do your jobs to begin with and attendance won't be an issue to complain about.

The parade was good, the tailgating was really good and there were people ALL around campus. But, we just have issues with actually getting them into the stadium. Would selling beer help that? Maybe some. Would beating someone who has a name (Vandy)? Probably. But regardless I had a good time. Looking ahead -
@UAB (3-2)
Marshall (4-1)
BYE
UTEP (0-6)
@Charlotte (0-6)
@Western (3-2)
ODU (2-3)

= 12-20

That is a schedule that you have to be able to handle, backups or not. Some of the worst teams in D1 football (Charlotte, UTEP), a back-peddling ODU team, a lesser WKU team and a team who hasn't had football in 3 years? Marshall at home at a blackout game that is usually well attended. I am calling it...we are going 5-1. :)

The parade was good, the tailgating was really good and there were people ALL around campus. But, we just have issues with actually getting them into the stadium. Would selling beer help that? Maybe some. Would beating someone who has a name (Vandy)? Probably. But regardless I had a good time. Looking ahead -
@UAB (3-2)
Marshall (4-1)
BYE
UTEP (0-6)
@Charlotte (0-6)
@Western (3-2)
ODU (2-3)

= 12-20

That is a schedule that you have to be able to handle, backups or not. Some of the worst teams in D1 football (Charlotte, UTEP), a back-peddling ODU team, a lesser WKU team and a team who hasn't had football in 3 years? Marshall at home at a blackout game that is usually well attended. I am calling it...we are going 5-1. :)

5-1 isn't happening without Richie and Brent, and even then it's a stretch. I just don't trust this team for some reason. We've been so inconsistent.

5-1 isn't happening without Richie and Brent, and even then it's a stretch. I just don't trust this team for some reason. We've been so inconsistent.

Oh it will. Did you hear about that guy in Montana that said he was from the future and he was here to warn us about an alien attack? Well I also heard he said that we would go 5-1. So, I mean...I trust him.

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
I actually believe we can go 5-1, even 6-0. But it would require mistake free games and Uruza to keep developing. It's possible, tho unlikely.

Right now, I just want to win on Saturday.

freecandy2.jpg

This guy told me 5-1...I mean, I think he is legit.

Reactions: MT Glenn
If half of the church crowd tailgating on Greenland Ave came to the game it would have been a sellout.

I'll commit to Marshall, UTEP and the Friday night in Bowling Green and, if they go 3-0 in that stretch, I'll re-up for season tickets next year. If not, I'll continue to pick and choose the games I'll pay to see if the product on the field is performing. Alex will just have to shame me on Twitter if not.

That Marshall game should be a good time. I'm getting there early that day. Hope students and such will show up.

We usually do well (attendance-wise) for blackout games. Marshall is a pretty good name, so I think it will be a nice crowd.
I don’t expect much. Gonna say 17k announced. Thursday would have been much better. There will be 15k at the various HS games during the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT