ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee(2-2, 1-0) @ Marshall (3-1, 1-0), CBSSN, 6:30PM, Friday, October 5, 2018

HOLD ON TO THIS GAME...

then lets beat FIU and come back home 3-0 with Charlotte for Homecoming - and a big crowd...

One thing is for sure. We are a second half team. Marshall is getting completely dominated at the LOS in the second half.

Meanwhile....Ga. Tech DESTROYS Louisville 66-31

I don't think Ga. Tech punted all night.

Could Petrino be fired if he can't turn this around next year?

Yo Weasely!

You endorsing going to homecoming game now or should we all stay put at home? How about donations? Back on or keep giving them to Oregon?

I'll be at the WKU Game but it's gonna take more than winning 2 conference games before i think we should be throwing money at the program.

We have a senior QB and roster full of junior and senior laden talent. Both FAU and Marshall had very inexperienced and young QB's leading them. We SHOULD be winning these games.

It's nice to see us finally winning games we SHOULD be winning. After 13 years, we SHOULD have a conference title. So if that happens this season, I'll eat all the crow you want and back the program gladly.

Still a very, very long way to go though.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I've never been so glad to be wrong 2 weeks in a row about a team in my life. :) This team fights like hell in the second half. They have made terrific adjustments and that has been the difference. FIU has a bye week this weekend so next week will be harder than these last 2 weeks. With that being said, I'm proud of this team and how hard they fought when the chips were down.

FIU will be the real test. Can we keep this momentum going? They’ve got that bye week so can our guys and our coach prepare accordingly and get the 3-0.

FIU will be the real test. Can we keep this momentum going? They’ve got that bye week so can our guys and our coach prepare accordingly and get the 3-0.

Well at least we had a Friday game so we get an extra day to rest.

Beating Marshall should free us up, I'd love the win at FIU, but its not a "must" win. But man, love to start 3-0.

I'm more than happy to eat crow today. Great second half. I think Stock told TF at halftime to just throw the ball. Forget the run. We are one dimensional so let's just play to our strengths.
I agree with others. Stock knows its now or never for a championship.
Go Blue.

Odd times MT fans.

2 straight games where we either get way behind early or miss way too many opportunities, but some how find a way to win. That never happens.

Stock has turned into a riverboat gambler on 4th down.

We haven’t abandoned the run after it stalls early or gotten pass happy.

Visible mid-game adjustments are being made.

We have a pulse I didn’t think existed 3 weeks ago.

I'll be at the WKU Game but it's gonna take more than winning 2 conference games before i think we should be throwing money at the program.

We have a senior QB and roster full of junior and senior laden talent. Both FAU and Marshall had very inexperienced and young QB's leading them. We SHOULD be winning these games.

It's nice to see us finally winning games we SHOULD be winning. After 13 years, we SHOULD have a conference title. So if that happens this season, I'll eat all the crow you want and back the program gladly.

Still a very, very long way to go though.

Thought you left the thread in the 2nd quarter when you said the game was over and we sucked.

Big win last night. I watched it on a delay due to some real life stuff getting in the way.

That OL is not good. And will be less good without Brewer. It's been this way for years. I know an offense that's built on air raid and spread 'em out is never going to be road graders, and when you spread out guys like we do there's a chance that there's going to be a free rusher from time to time, but I feel like Brent is successful in spite of the OL, they are not contributing to our success. Brent's a heady, experienced QB who knows where to find a hot route. Next year, breaking in another QB - he's going to end up in the hospital if we don't fix the OL.

Shafer's defense is the best D we've had schematically since Manny Diaz. It's going to keep us in every game. Give this man a raise (or a promotion...maybe to HC?)

I thought putting 85 in at Full back to block and protect was a great move and should be for the rest of the year. Thomas showed flashes of late last year...I like him getting 15 carries last night and think he will become for of work horse with Anderson playing all over the field.

Do we know who has a better D in the CUSA than Marshall? 34 points at their place isn't bad at all.

While the D is playing well, for the love of all that is good WRAP UP! And consider not over pursing, happened multiple times last night. You have to give Marshall credit for running the ball but the yards after contact are simple unacceptable. Between our two safeties they made 31 tackles.

GREAT win.

Man, I did not expect to beat FAU and Marshall. I really thought 1-4 would be where we were sitting. Very glad to be wrong here. 3-2 feels great. I think we are on track for a 8-4 season. Bowl win to get 9 wins.

Marshall fans are extremely kind. Cool town that supports their program.

Kudos to Schaffer and staff for adjusting. 85 at fullback!

Those plays in the 3rd quarter were beautiful. Keep it up!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
85 at fullback!

I remember his TD last year. Afterwards, he said that he had not dropped the ball when they ran the play in practice.

TY WATKINS

2017 (r-Junior)

• Played in all 13 games and had two starts
• Saw a lot of action at tight end where he wore jersey 85
• Was in on 168 total snaps, including a season-high 26 against ODU
• Started at tight end in win over Bowling Green and also against WKU
• Hauled in his first career touchdown reception at Charlotte (6 yards)

Reactions: Hop45
Marshall fans are extremely kind. Cool town that supports their program.

Kudos to Schaffer and staff for adjusting. 85 at fullback!

Those plays in the 3rd quarter were beautiful. Keep it up!

They were great. I full expected some ribbing being covered in blue carrying a 3 year old in green and with a wife in green. But no one said a bad word. I was in 105 around more green than blue, screaming my head off and jumping and no one said anything. I know for sure that wouldn’t have happened at a WVU game.

My son brought a few cars in with him and the people in front of us played with him a few times.

And for every time we had an injured player in the field they Marshall fans would clap when he got up. Again. Wouldn’t happen at a WVU game. Band even came over to our band.

Great atmosphere and I swear. There was tailgating EVERYWHERE.

Even on the CUSA game thread it was very civil, on both sides. Kind of surprised me honestly. But happy to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT