ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (15-10, 8-6) @ UAB (17-8, 8-6), Stadium, 3PM, Saturday, February 11, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Enrollment: 22,563
Arena: Bartow Arena (8,500)
Colors: Forest Green & Old Gold Nickname: Blazers
Head Coach: Andy Kennedy
Record at School: 49-15 (3rd Season)
Career Record: 315-184 (16th Season)
2021-22 Record: 27-8, 14-4 2021-22 Finish: 2nd C-USA 2021-22 Postseason: NCAA First Round
Starters R/L: 4/1 Letterwinners R/L: 8/7

On the road … stats don’t lie.

I think it’s time for Nick to find other opportunities.

This isn’t surprising, I did a break down that this would happen. We struggle on the road and they are a good team. 18-13 or 17-14 will be our final record.

Worst back to back defensive efforts all year. Not the right time of year for that to occur

The roster needs a serious infusion of all- conference quality players, I'm not talking honorable mention here. P5 quality players that can come in and have immediate impact offensively and defensively.

Going back to just before season tip-off it was brought up for discussion our thoughts about the upcoming year. Like everyone else I was excited for the year to begin, but I had 2 concerns. One was the possible lack of an outside game & 2nd part was our coaching turnover going into this year. I still stand strong that prior to coach Turner Battle showing up we showed zero improvement in fundamentals, defense, or tenacity to win during Nick's tenure. The one year 2021-2022 he was on staff our team play & effort was completely improved in all facets. The next year after he leaves, many of our prior traits have come back to haunt us. I'm not saying Coach Battle was 100% the reason for this team's improvement last year, or this year's implosion from our original expectations. However, I do feel this coaching staff as a whole is very sub par to last year. Totally agree we need infusion of talent on the court, but also feel we need some infusion of talent on the bench that gets the attention & respect of our young men. Without some staff changes I'm concerned we have too many buddies on the sideline & not enough coaches pushing for improved results.

Reactions: tyler90wm
We still have an outside shot at 20 wins. I still think this is a decent season. I expected more but seeing Dish and Weston playing less mins was not what I expected. I think we will be fine long term but we do need serious help with shooting ability. I feel like we’re a true shooter away from being true championship contenders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT