ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (11-4, 3-0) vs Latech (10-7, 1-3) (CBSSN), 8PM, Thursday, January 11, 2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Louisiana Tech
Series:
LT leads 11-3
Founded: 1894 Enrollment: 12,873 Colors: Red & Blue Nickname: Bulldogs
Facility: Thomas Assembly Center (8,000)
Head Coach: Eric Konkol Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 2000
TECH Record: 46-20 (2 seasons) Overall Record: Same
2016-17 Record: 23-10, 14-4 (2nd C-USA) 2017 Postseason: None
Starters R/L: 3/2 Lettermen R/L: 8/4 Newcomers: 5

GAME INFORMATION
[Game Notes]

Hashtag: #TrueBlue, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: @MT_MBB
Instagram: MT_MBB
Facebook: MTSUMBB

Date: Thursday, January 11th
Time: 8:00 PM. CT
Match-up: Middle Tennessee (11-4, 3-0) vs. Louisiana Tech (10-7, 1-3)

Live Video | Live Stats

goblueraiders.com:
http://goblueraiders.com/news/2018/1/10/mens-basketball-mt-to-host-la-tech-in-c-usa-home-opener.aspx
MT TO HOST LA TECH IN C-USA HOME OPENER

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs will travel to the Murphy Athletic Center to take on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders this Thursday night in College Basketball action.

The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs snapped their 3-game losing streak and improved to 10-7 (1-3 C-USA) on the season after defeating the UTEP Miners, 97-88, this past Saturday. Louisiana Tech went into halftime with a 42-38 team and pulled from UTEP after taking a 76-67 lead with 7:15 left in regulation. Louisiana Tech shot 55.6% from the field and 52.9% (9-17) from beyond the arc in the victory. Leading the way for the Bulldogs was Derric Jean who had 20 points, 3 rebounds, and 3 steals. On the season, Louisiana Tech is averaging 80.5 ppg on 46.9% shooting from the field. The Bulldogs are averaging 8.4 three-pointers per game on 39.0% shooting from beyond the arc. Offensively, Louisiana Tech has been led by Jalen Harris (15.3 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.1 spg), DaQuan Bracey (15.3 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.0 spg), Jacobi Boykins (14.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.2 spg), and Derric Jean (9.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.1 spg). Defensively, Louisiana Tech is allowing their opponents to average 72.3 ppg on 43.8% shooting from the field. The Bulldogs have a rebound margin of 1.5 and a turnover margin of 1.1.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders won their 3rd straight game and improved to 11-4 (3-0 C-USA) on the season after defeating the FAU Owls, 61-57, this past Saturday. Middle Tennessee struggled offensively throughout the game, however, was able to pull late after a 7-1 Blue Raiders run gave Middle Tennessee a 57-50 lead with 2:15 left in regulation. Middle Tennessee shot 38.3% from the field and 18.2% (2-11) from beyond the arc in the win. Leading the way for the Blue Raiders was Nick King who had a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. On the season, Middle Tennessee is averaging 74.8 ppg on 45.5% shooting from the field. The Blue Raiders are averaging 6.4 three-pointers per game on 34.8% shooting from beyond the arc. Offensively, Middle Tennessee has been led by Nick King (22.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.0 apg), Giddy Potts (13.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.7 spg), Brandon Walters (10.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.1 bpg), and Tyrik Dixon (4.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.1 spg). Defensively, Middle Tennessee is holding their opponents to an average of 68.1 ppg on 44.0% shooting from the field. The Blue Raiders have a rebound margin of 3.0 and a turnover margin of 1.8.

The Bulldogs are 5-2 ATS in their last 7games following a straight up win however, are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. C-USA opponents. The Blue Raiders are 43-16-2 ATS in their last 61 home games vs. a team with a losing road record however, just 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games overall.

Louisiana Tech has struggled a bit as of late however, the Bulldogs are still a very dangerous team in the C-USA and have been strong on the offensive side of the ball as they rank 56th in scoring offense, 91st in FG%, and 43rd in 3P-FG%. Middle Tennessee is one of the favorites to win the conference championship this season and has been led by their defense that ranks 85th in scoring defense and 91st in turnover margin. Middle Tennessee plays well at home, however, the Bulldogs looked good on the road earlier this season against Alabama and Western Kentucky.....

Hopefully the later start will allow more people to make it. Especially the ones that have the long commute to Nashvillle

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Murfreesboro continues to blow it on supporting the team.

Would be another Columbia or Gallitan if it weren't for this school.

yeah, I hate it, but I imagine a few folks were buying up all the milk and bread in grocery stores across the county yesterday after they got home and were stocking up for the impending snow apocalypse, even though it was 64 degrees at game time...

My son had church league hoops game at 7:30, so we couldn't make it. Planning on going Saturday.

We have NEVER had large crowds in early January. Not sure why folks expected a big crowd last night.

I would have been surprised to see 7,000 there last night, since students aren't back yet and it was a late tip time. However, the low turnout (4,414) was disappointing to me.

I anticipated about 5,250. Since joining C-USA, we have averaged 5,006 fans per home game over the course of 36 home conference games. Given the rise of the program's national stature from the NCAA Tournament wins, we should not be drawing below our 5-year average for a conference home game against one of the other name brand schools in the league, no matter when it falls on the calendar.

I believe our program's reputation nationally is better than its reputation right here in Murfreesboro. Slice it however you want, but that is a problem.

So because its always been that way we should not expect it to improve?

Our attendance is up, we are averaging 6300 per game. I would anticipate tonight to be 4500 to 5000. Then when the students are back we will be above 5K for the rest of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT